reminder

  • Colin Rigsby
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 12, 2009
      Upcoming meeting:
      Tuesday, Aprill 21
      Up In Smoke Lewsiville, 7:00 pm

      Just think.... in just 8-1/2 days we will hold the first annual Briar Club Ugly pipe contest.
      if you own a pipe that turns all onlookers into stone, then this is the event for you.
      As mentioned before, the rules are simple - the pipe must have been originally made in a fashion that is not pleasing to the eye, well used or not. Please, no fabrications especially for this contest.
      Everyone will get to vote for their "favorite" 3 - the runner up and winner will recieve special prizes, carefully chosen for just such an event.

      At our meeting, we will discuss club business and have a pre-Chicago show discussion as well as have the usual raffle and "mystery blend".

      Hope to see you there!

      Colin Rigsby
      ShureWood Briar Pipes
      www.shurewoodbriarpipes.com
    • Crigs
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 19, 2010
        Reminder....

        Tomorrow Night
        7 pm
        Up In Smoke

        Hope to see you all there.

        - Crigs
      • Crigs
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 20, 2010
          Remember - it's big pipe night. Bring yours for show and tell. The largest gets a prize....

          - Crigs

          --- In thebriarclub@yahoogroups.com, "Crigs" <shurewoodbriarpipes@...> wrote:

          > Reminder....
          >
          > Tomorrow Night
          > 7 pm
          > Up In Smoke
          >
          > Hope to see you all there.
          >
          > - Crigs

        • Sami Mikhail
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 20, 2010
            Oh dude!! I wish I had seen this before.

            <whispering> I plan on being there tonight </whispering>
            <explanation>  I don't want to say that out loud because the universe conspires to throw stuff my way when I decide to go to Pipe Club meetings </explanation>

            I only brought my little pipes dang it.

            Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy the company.

            Remember - it's big pipe night. Bring yours for show and tell. The largest gets a prize....

            - Crigs

            --- In thebriarclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Crigs" <shurewoodbriarpipe s@...> wrote:

            > Reminder....
            >
            > Tomorrow Night
            > 7 pm
            > Up In Smoke
            >
            > Hope to see you all there.
            >
            > - Crigs

          • bartsboy
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 20, 2010
              Sorry brethren of the briar. Had to put in over 40 hours since Friday night and am typing while asleep. I will bring tobacco as an offering for the next meeting. Planning to go to Chicago show so if you forget to place an order tonight, drop me a line.

              The new guy,
              Scott

            • swpipes@att.net
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 16 7:20 AM
                Guys,

                Two meetings next week, Tuesday and Wednesday for International Pipe Smoking Day.

                If you are not getting the emails through Yahoo Groups, please sign up for it (if you have not). if you are on the club's Yahoo group, please change your settings to get the individual emails.

                I will have a Mystery Blend for the meeting and a special treat blend for IPSD.

                Thanks, I hope to see you all there.

                Crigs
              • Gary Carpenter
                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 16 7:54 PM
                  am i getting individual emails.
                  i cant understand if im suppose to change something from what i have already had....
                  i user to get ind. emails.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 16 10:22 PM
                    if you are getting the emails, all is well.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 19 3:55 PM
                      Sorry won't be there tonight and I doubt if I will tomorrow. I've had the stomach thing since our last meeting, lots of fun. bob gilbert

                      "Life is a shock, always full of horror and beauty". Kate Ridenour Feb '09

                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 20 8:33 AM
                        Sorry we made you ill.... or was it just Gary...?

                        Take care and see you next month. No meeting tonight.

                        Colin

                        Sorry won't be there tonight and I doubt if I will tomorrow. I've had the stomach thing since our last meeting, lots of fun. bob gilbert

                        "Life is a shock, always full of horror and beauty". Kate Ridenour Feb '09

                        Two meetings next week, Tuesday and Wednesday for International Pipe Smoking Day.

                        If you are not getting the emails through Yahoo Groups, please sign up for it (if you have not). if you are on the club's Yahoo group, please change your settings to get the individual emails.

                        I will have a Mystery Blend for the meeting and a special treat blend for IPSD.

                        Thanks, I hope to see you all there.

                        Crigs

                        Recent Activity:
                        .
                      • Colin Rigsby
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 15, 2013
                          Meeting tomorrow night 4/16, Up in Smoke Lewisville, 7 pm.

                          I still have some cheap tobak, if interested, see me after the meeting.

                          Colin
                        • swpipes@att.net
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 16, 2013
                            Fellas,

                            Next Tuesday is the meeting. Topics include: Chicago report, club pipe report, BS, a mystery blend and a small raffle...?

                            Hope to see you all then!

                            7:00 pm Up In Smoke Lewisville

                            On a more serious note: I have decided after about 7 years of being club president, secretary, janitor, bookie, dealer, etc that I need some help. I have too many irons in the fire these days. Anyone who is willing to help with light duties please let me know. Muchas Grass.

                            Regards,

                            Colin
                          • Gary Carpenter

                              Message 14 of 21 , May 16, 2013
                                For those interested - we can talk about it at the meeting.

                                Thanks

                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 21, 2013
                                    I can't make it to the meeting tonight. Today is my 6th wedding anniversary, so I'll be spending time with my wife.

                                    I am interested in the club pipe - so let me know if we going to do an order.

                                    See everyone next month.

                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 21, 2013
                                      I won't make it either...came home to Rockwall because of storms. I am interested in more info. On a club pipe and any helpful info. From the Chicago pipe show. Bummed out...I've been looking forward to this, since the last one, my first one.
                                      Neil

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      Message 18 of 21 , May 21, 2013
                                        And the Good Book said, "Let nothing interfere with a Pipe Club meeting, not weather nor traffic, nor wife, nor dark of night".

                                        Message 19 of 21 , May 22, 2013
                                          Thanks Neil. We will see you next month!

                                          Colin

                                          Message 20 of 21 , May 22, 2013
                                            Understood! Have a good time and congrats!

                                            Colin