Re: Happy New Year

  • ChrisB
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
      Happy New year Colin and everyone.
      Sorry to miss most all meetings in 2011, but hoping to make many this new year.

      Chris Buntenbah

      --- In thebriarclub@yahoogroups.com, "Colin Rigsby" <swpipes@...> wrote:

      > Hello group,
      >
      > I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is looking forward to the New Year.
      >
      > The Christmas party was another success - fun as usual. The next meeting is 1/17 at the usual place and time. We will not have a raffle, becuase the club funds are depleted, so if anyone has a way to get it going again, please throw the idea out there. A topic of discussion will be the upcoming order of the club pipe. I should have the price nailed down by then. We also want to discuss our possible future trip to Houston and maybe other activities we want to participate in...?
      >
      > Also, International Pipe Smoking Day is Feb 20 in 2012, which is one day before our regular 3rd Tues meeting, so I am officially moving that one meeting to 2/20. Mark your calendars!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Colin

    • Bob Gilbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
        I hate to see the raffle going the way of the Tasmanian Tiger. So, I'll bring a couple of ebay pipes to get it started again. If anyone else wants to bring something, do so, it doesn't have to be much, remember, what one pipe smoker might hate, (tobacco wise)  another might love. So if you have an opened tin you tried a bowl or two out of and just didn't like it, bring it along, someone will love it.

        "Life is a shock, always full of horror and beauty". Kate Ridenour Feb '09