Re: [the boredoms] Re: ichi the killer/boredoms connection?

  • gygax
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
      --- Arthur Gadney <a_gadney@...> wrote:
      > >i might of been a bit over generous with the term
      > 'current line-up' -
      > >given that there are only four of them now - the cd
      > lists seichi
      > >yamamoto, yoshimi p-we, atr and hilah as the karera
      > musication band
      > >members ... it also i think it's dated from
      > december 2001 though
      > >don't quote me on that
      >
      > I'm pretty sure Yamamoto and Hila are back in
      > Boredoms again. Apparantly,
      > that's what somebody was informed after a recent
      > Vooredoms concert when
      > asking he manager. And there's more: On the brand
      > spanking new compilation
      > "Amina Mundi" there is was I suspect to be the
      > newest Boredoms track. A very
      > very mellow piece, with a simple beat, quiet vocals
      > and so on. Very nice.
      > And, it has guiter playing, which more than suggests
      > that at least Yamamoto
      > is back.

      i heard that v00redoms lineup (in particular, the
      atpla 2002 lineup) was due to yamamoto injuring his
      hand.

      can anyone confirm this?

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Claude Zachary
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
        huh no 3rd dummer, they're all friends and i'm sure will still do some stuff
        together someday, the fast Yoshikawa is listed as playing on Free is
        twisted, its like P-funk, no bad vibes or fights last too long and they
        still hang out. And ya know what else tripps me out, I got the Grind
        Orchestra albums six months ago and couldn't believe how much it reminded me
        of the VOOREDOMS, and that was '96. They should do VOOREDOMS Orchestra,
        that would be insane!!

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, steve matis <istvanmatis@y...> wrote:
          > i ordered stuff from comfort this past december and i
          > used paypal. it was pricey but my stuff came in great
          > condition and ohkura gets back to emails REALLY fast.

          I'd agree with this assessment. The shipment and communication were
          both really good but there the major pricing issues.

          -Comfort doesn't charge in yen but instead in US dollars and at a
          really bad conversion rate. Discs that should be, say, $20 are $24
          instead.
          -A 5% surcharge is added if you're using Paypal. I'd imagine this is
          mostly out of their control, though, as Paypal charges roughly 2.9% to
          receive money, not to mention the bank exchanging the dollars into yen
          a slightly poorer rate.
          -The shipping cost is reasonable but high. Unfortunately, Japan
          charges a lot of money to ship stuff.

          > i ordered hanatarash 5 back then (early december) and
          > he informed that it was out of stock, so apparently
          > its been gone for a while now.

          It was in stock last August, so I guess I got one of the last copies. :-)

          > i DID order the boredoms VCN boxset

          I recommend HMV Japan for getting this one (or maybe Amazon.jp if it's
          in stock). I received it in the U.S. via FedEx for about $80. I'm
          amazed HMV didn't hit me with a higher shipping rate.

          Finally, regarding the "Anima Mundi" V/A disc mentioned in another
          post, it came out last month. The cat. # is WPC6-10231 and the cost
          (w/o tax) is 2400 Yen. There are actually two Boredoms-related
          tracks: "Free" (Boredoms) and "Auma" (ROVO). I don't own this and
          can't comment on the tracks, though.
        • exfedex2000
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 15, 2003
            The song "Free" is a Phish cover. The Mockingbird Foundation
            released a two CD Phish tribute album awhile back. "Free" is on
            that. Here's a link to that site.

            http://www.mockingbirdfoundation.org/album/

            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Just ask <psylent_life@y...>"

          • wingsoftoast <wingsoftoast@yahoo.com>
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 15, 2003
              as usual all info from everyone top stuff etc....

              i think the ideal situation for us/europe bore-fans
              lies in a domestic source that imports from japan in bulk -
              my recent dj picapicapica purchase cost about £13 - which is about £7
              cheaper than the next best price i've seen.

              yah boo sucks on the hanatarash 5 front - i've heard it's a bit like
              super roots 5 (another missed opportunity) - ???????

              i've ordered the psycho-baba thing from aquarius anyway + they say
              they can still get copies....

              peter