Re: [the boredoms] Re: ichi the killer/boredoms connection?

  • Claude Zachary
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 13, 2003
      really is that true it's the current band?

      I've never seen the liner notes or anything but just by listening to it I'm
      sure that Yamamoto and Hira are on it? I was told it was the Boredoms
      without Eye, do they list a 3rd drummer? EDA (BORE) or Y02RO-D2 (VOOR)? Also
      I'm sure it was recorded a long time before it was released?

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
        i might of been a bit over generous with the term 'current line-up' -
        given that there are only four of them now - the cd lists seichi
        yamamoto, yoshimi p-we, atr and hilah as the karera musication band
        members ... it also i think it's dated from december 2001 though
        don't quote me on that

        incidentally, if anyone's interested - i just got my dj picapicapica
        cd from onsendiscs with a little note from eda (v quick service!)
        apparently both hanatarash 5 and the second psychobaba album are now
        out of print in japan..

        i might try comfort - does anyone have any experience of using
        paypal ???

        peter

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
        <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
        > really is that true it's the current band?
        >
        > I've never seen the liner notes or anything but just by listening
        to it I'm
        > sure that Yamamoto and Hira are on it? I was told it was the
        Boredoms
        > without Eye, do they list a 3rd drummer? EDA (BORE) or Y02RO-D2
        (VOOR)? Also
        > I'm sure it was recorded a long time before it was released?
        >

        > >From: "wingsoftoast <wingsoftoast@y...>" <wingsoftoast@y...>
        > >To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [the boredoms] Re: ichi the killer/boredoms connection?
        > >Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:56:15 -0000

      • Arthur Gadney
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
          >i might of been a bit over generous with the term 'current line-up' -
          >given that there are only four of them now - the cd lists seichi
          >yamamoto, yoshimi p-we, atr and hilah as the karera musication band
          >members ... it also i think it's dated from december 2001 though
          >don't quote me on that

          I'm pretty sure Yamamoto and Hila are back in Boredoms again. Apparantly,
          that's what somebody was informed after a recent Vooredoms concert when
          asking he manager. And there's more: On the brand spanking new compilation
          "Amina Mundi" there is was I suspect to be the newest Boredoms track. A very
          very mellow piece, with a simple beat, quiet vocals and so on. Very nice.
          And, it has guiter playing, which more than suggests that at least Yamamoto
          is back.

          And it has now been confirmed (by Fred Frith) that Naked City will play
          again in June. Possibly EYE will be back on vocals. Or at least Mike Patton.

        • steve matis
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
            > i might try comfort - does anyone have any
            > experience of using
            > paypal ???

            i ordered stuff from comfort this past december and i
            used paypal. it was pricey but my stuff came in great
            condition and ohkura gets back to emails REALLY fast.
            i ordered hanatarash 5 back then (early december) and
            he informed that it was out of stock, so apparently
            its been gone for a while now. shipping prices and
            the 5% surcahrge for paypal kicked my ass though: i
            ordered about $165 worth of stuff and the total with
            shipping and paypal bullshit was $208. i DID order
            the boredoms VCN boxset and a new BOREDOMS video
            however, so it was quite heavy. but still....

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
              What is this comp you speak of ?As for who's in the Boretribe,I guess
              we'll have to wait and see.Surely by the time they reach ATP they
              should have something out so I can fry my brain during summer?
            • gygax
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
                --- Arthur Gadney <a_gadney@...> wrote:
                > >i might of been a bit over generous with the term
                > 'current line-up' -
                > >given that there are only four of them now - the cd
                > lists seichi
                > >yamamoto, yoshimi p-we, atr and hilah as the karera
                > musication band
                > >members ... it also i think it's dated from
                > december 2001 though
                > >don't quote me on that
                >
                > I'm pretty sure Yamamoto and Hila are back in
                > Boredoms again. Apparantly,
                > that's what somebody was informed after a recent
                > Vooredoms concert when
                > asking he manager. And there's more: On the brand
                > spanking new compilation
                > "Amina Mundi" there is was I suspect to be the
                > newest Boredoms track. A very
                > very mellow piece, with a simple beat, quiet vocals
                > and so on. Very nice.
                > And, it has guiter playing, which more than suggests
                > that at least Yamamoto
                > is back.

                i heard that v00redoms lineup (in particular, the
                atpla 2002 lineup) was due to yamamoto injuring his
                hand.

                can anyone confirm this?

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • Claude Zachary
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
                  huh no 3rd dummer, they're all friends and i'm sure will still do some stuff
                  together someday, the fast Yoshikawa is listed as playing on Free is
                  twisted, its like P-funk, no bad vibes or fights last too long and they
                  still hang out. And ya know what else tripps me out, I got the Grind
                  Orchestra albums six months ago and couldn't believe how much it reminded me
                  of the VOOREDOMS, and that was '96. They should do VOOREDOMS Orchestra,
                  that would be insane!!

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2003
                    --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, steve matis <istvanmatis@y...> wrote:
                    > i ordered stuff from comfort this past december and i
                    > used paypal. it was pricey but my stuff came in great
                    > condition and ohkura gets back to emails REALLY fast.

                    I'd agree with this assessment. The shipment and communication were
                    both really good but there the major pricing issues.

                    -Comfort doesn't charge in yen but instead in US dollars and at a
                    really bad conversion rate. Discs that should be, say, $20 are $24
                    instead.
                    -A 5% surcharge is added if you're using Paypal. I'd imagine this is
                    mostly out of their control, though, as Paypal charges roughly 2.9% to
                    receive money, not to mention the bank exchanging the dollars into yen
                    a slightly poorer rate.
                    -The shipping cost is reasonable but high. Unfortunately, Japan
                    charges a lot of money to ship stuff.

                    > i ordered hanatarash 5 back then (early december) and
                    > he informed that it was out of stock, so apparently
                    > its been gone for a while now.

                    It was in stock last August, so I guess I got one of the last copies. :-)

                    > i DID order the boredoms VCN boxset

                    I recommend HMV Japan for getting this one (or maybe Amazon.jp if it's
                    in stock). I received it in the U.S. via FedEx for about $80. I'm
                    amazed HMV didn't hit me with a higher shipping rate.

                    Finally, regarding the "Anima Mundi" V/A disc mentioned in another
                    post, it came out last month. The cat. # is WPC6-10231 and the cost
                    (w/o tax) is 2400 Yen. There are actually two Boredoms-related
                    tracks: "Free" (Boredoms) and "Auma" (ROVO). I don't own this and
                    can't comment on the tracks, though.
                  • exfedex2000
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 15, 2003
                      The song "Free" is a Phish cover. The Mockingbird Foundation
                      released a two CD Phish tribute album awhile back. "Free" is on
                      that. Here's a link to that site.

                      http://www.mockingbirdfoundation.org/album/

                      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Just ask <psylent_life@y...>"

                    • wingsoftoast <wingsoftoast@yahoo.com>
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 15, 2003
                        as usual all info from everyone top stuff etc....

                        i think the ideal situation for us/europe bore-fans
                        lies in a domestic source that imports from japan in bulk -
                        my recent dj picapicapica purchase cost about £13 - which is about £7
                        cheaper than the next best price i've seen.

                        yah boo sucks on the hanatarash 5 front - i've heard it's a bit like
                        super roots 5 (another missed opportunity) - ???????

                        i've ordered the psycho-baba thing from aquarius anyway + they say
                        they can still get copies....

                        peter