Re: [the boredoms] Re: Boredoms & OoioO @ ATP LA 2003

  • David Moss
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 17, 2002
      Oh my god... i saw them at last year's ATP in LA. can i say that they blew the freakin' house down? yeah, it was just THAT good. they did tons of super ae stuff. and they're playing AGAIN!?!?!? i am so freakin' there. it's not even funny
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 18, 2002
        >Oh my god... i saw them at last year's ATP in LA. can i say that they blew
        >the freakin' house down? yeah, it was just THAT good. they did tons of
        >super ae stuff. and they're playing AGAIN!?!?!? i am so freakin' there.
        >it's not even funny

        I heard that Hira and Yamamoto started rehearsing with them again, so
        perhaps they will join. That should be good.

      • exfedex2000
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 18, 2002
          OOPS! I was there and They didn't do anything from Super AE or Super
          anything at ATP in L.A. in March. The entire set was one long NEW
          jam that hasn't been released. According to Eye, it's recorded but
          WB Japan is sitting on it.

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "David Moss" <avindav@a...> wrote:
          > Oh my god... i saw them at last year's ATP in LA. can i say that
          they blew the freakin' house down? yeah, it was just THAT good. they
          did tons of super ae stuff. and they're playing AGAIN!?!?!? i am so
          freakin' there. it's not even funny

          Service.

        • Claude Zachary <claudezachary@msn.com>
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 19, 2002
            YEAH SOMEONE WAS TRIPPING DANG!

            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, exfedex2000 <no_reply@y...>

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 19, 2002
              Whoa, wonder where you heard about Hira and Yamamoto? That would be
              a trip, they can't really come back a year later and do the same set
              as last year so it could possibly be true. They'll be playing in
              Royce Hall this time which is 1,000,000 times better than
              Ackerman!!! and FUCK! OOIOO! god damn! that's what I've been waiting
              for for years, I was giving Yoshimi shit at the last ATP about
              OOIOO's last tour when they flew home from Frisco and skipped LA
              completely, so I've never seen them, just heard those two gigs that
              are on SoulSeek, she told me that they lost their bass player so I
              guess they got a new one, yay, I was afraid they'd break up, I
              haven't seen any OOIOO Japan dates posted on her site though.
              Wonder if Gold & Green will be out in the US by then (next June, god
              I feel bad for the Feather Float fans who haven't heard it, its
              worth buying the Japanese one for her artwork, not to mention its
              the best album in years), I was also told by Eye that the VOOREDOMS
              album was gonna come out in Japan in August, (that was in March),
              must be RECORD COMPANY HELL!!! The show is still a long way away
              but ATR is hanging in Tokyo playing with High Rise, they had their
              first gig together last Saturday, and he's even doing a improv duo
              with Narita at a record company party in a few days, guess the
              VOOREDOMS are just waiting. Matt is hip to Acid Mothers too but
              they might have said no cause they're taking off all next year. I
              don't think he knows about High Rise though, FUCK, Imagine, I told a
              friend of Matt's 6 months ago to get the Boredoms, A.M.T. & High
              Rise, if that happened you could get like 25 bands out of those 3,
              FUCKING MAINLINER with ATR too!!!! I'm glad there's that connection
              cause I worship High Rise, they rule, plus it would be weird seeing
              ATR playing 4/4 time but that's probably the reason he was into it,
              plus Narita is an amazing ass guitar player.

              MG knows US music sucks completely now, I just hope he doesn't pick
              crap like the bands that are on the Simpsons, I know he's needed
              help to come up with bands, but the complete list "should" be
              announced any day now! All I know about is a bad line-up of the
              Magic Band and "the Breeders" who are coming way tooooo close to
              lameness. Sonic Youth already picked everybody last year, has
              anyone ever seen/heard Satan's Tornade? that was some hardcore shit.

              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur Gadney" <a_gadney@h...>
              wrote:
              > >Oh my god... i saw them at last year's ATP in LA. can i say that
              they blew
              > >the freakin' house down? yeah, it was just THAT good. they did
              tons of
              > >super ae stuff. and they're playing AGAIN!?!?!? i am so freakin'
              there.
              > >it's not even funny
              >
              > I heard that Hira and Yamamoto started rehearsing with them again,
              so
              > perhaps they will join. That should be good.

            • gygax
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 19, 2002
                ATP LOS ANGELES LINE UP
                The tickets for ATP Los Angeles will be on sale in Mid
                January and this
                down to a couple of contracting details that need to
                be finalised and
                will
                be available through the ATP website
                www.alltomorrowsparties.co.uk.
                Details of ticket pricing and venues will be revealed
                shortly.

                The Line up for the Matt Groening event is still being
                booked but the
                following acts have all confirmed to play at the event
                in June next
                summer.

                And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead��.
                Bangs
                Blonde Redhead
                Boredoms
                Brave Combo
                Breeders
                Neko Case
                Coldcut
                Danielson Famile
                The Fall
                Daniel Johnston
                Jah Wobble
                The Magic Band
                The Melvins w/ Cameron Jamie
                Melt Banana
                Ooioo
                Moris Teper
                Yo La Tengo

                <claudezachary@...> wrote:
> [...]
                > year, has
                > anyone ever seen/heard Satan's Tornade? that was
                > some hardcore shit.
                >
                > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur Gadney"
                > <a_gadney@h...>
                > wrote:
                > > >Oh my god... i saw them at last year's ATP in LA.
                > can i say that
                > they blew
                > > >the freakin' house down? yeah, it was just THAT
                > good. they did
                > tons of
                > > >super ae stuff. and they're playing AGAIN!?!?!? i
                > am so freakin'
                > there.
                > > >it's not even funny
                > >
                > > I heard that Hira and Yamamoto started rehearsing
                > with them again,
                > so
                > > perhaps they will join. That should be good.

                > > Protect your PC - get McAfee.com VirusScan Online

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • gygax
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 19, 2002
                  that was one of the biggest namedrop extravaganzas
                  i've read in a long time (and considering i read ILM,
                  that's saying quite a bit).

                  take it easy.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 19, 2002
                    oh and ATP will *more than likely* not be at UCLA this
                    year... i've heard maybe the theater district off in
                    Hollywood. who knows?

                    http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                  • Claude Zachary <claudezachary@msn.com>
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 19, 2002
                      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, gygax <gygax0r@y...> wrote:
                      > that was one of the biggest namedrop extravaganzas
                      > i've read in a long time (and considering i read ILM,
                      > that's saying quite a bit).

                      Just letting out info. to fans like me who want it, NOW. LOP!

                      Sorry that's my reality, its weird, I grew up in LA so I don't
                      realize things like writing what I was told by people is such a big
                      deal, I guess the whole celebrity fucks action is a LA/NY thing and
                      people not there care or something. I only terrorize losers anyway,
                      shit I hit Billy Idol in the head with a Big Mac in the late 80's, I
                      called Michael jackson a Fag in 1983, I spit in the back of the
                      guitar player of Soundgardens head, those are just things that
                      happen when you grow up in L-A, sorry I'm twisted. But I don't know
                      what your talking about? I guess you mean Matt, cause I don't
                      consider anyone a "rock star" or "celebrity" unless their band
                      started in the mid-70's at the latest. I certainly respect Eye &
                      Yoshimi's music, and always like talk to them when they're here
                      cause I've lived in Osaka, and my wife used to see them when
                      Yoshikawa was the drummer in a living room, plus they are nice
                      people! thats most the most important thing, sorry.

                      I don't fucking know Matt! I know this guy Cameron who's on that
                      list showing movies for the Melvins that was supposed to happen last
                      year before 9/11, he's old friends of MG and I asked him about the
                      Boredoms and if Matt was hip to Acid Mothers Temple and he told me a
                      bunch of shit. Yeah, well I met SY on the Sister tour because we
                      have mutual friends, and thats how I was at ATP all the nights and
                      got to party and have an amazing time because Thurston is a cool-ass
                      motherfucker who doesn't care what your "status" is, (by the way,
                      I'm a loser nobody) and let me have one of the best weekends ever,
                      so fucking what! Well I could go off on more stories but I'd be name-
                      dropping so here's a bit of info i got today good news and bad news:

                      VOOREDOMS (billed as the Boredoms again!) and OOIOO will play (good
                      news). New VOOREDOMS album out in Japan NEXT August MAYBE, one full
                      year later than it was supposed to be, don't know what the fuck is
                      up with the record business nightmares that I'm sure are causing the
                      delay, fuck, they should just bring CDR's to the sell at the gig!

                      OH, not to mention i'm writing this and last nights messages on no
                      sleep for two days.

                      And it hasn't been done in a natural way.
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 19, 2002
                        anyway,
                        > shit I hit Billy Idol in the head with a Big Mac in the late 80's,

                        Well,obviously he didn't get the hint,as he just toured last year.If
                        you see him again,try clocking him with a Big and Tasty,it's only a
                        dollar!How do they do it what's their secret?

                        Also is this Voordoms at ATP or have Hira and Yamamoto rejoined for
                        this?
                      • Claude Zachary <claudezachary@msn.com>
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 19, 2002
                          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...>
                          wrote:

                          > anyway,
                          > > shit I hit Billy Idol in the head with a Big Mac in the late
                          80's,

                          > Well,obviously he didn't get the hint,as he just toured last
                          year.If
                          > you see him again,try clocking him with a Big and Tasty,it's only
                          > dollar!How do they do it what's their secret?
                          >
                          > Also is this Voordoms at ATP or have Hira and Yamamoto rejoined
                          for
                          > this?

                          VOOREDOMS, I'd expect close to the same set as last time, but with
                          OOIOO, shit not a bummer at all. But maybe they'll have new stuff if
                          ATR goes back to Osaka? Even if the album comes out next August
                          it'll be over 2 years since the recording.