Re: How to obtain Boredoms/related bootlegs?

  • ginjit2002 <ginjit@freeuk.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 17, 2002
      I asked my friend in Tokyo about trading and taping in Japan; he said
      that he belongs to trading groups in Japan and trades with other
      Japanese folk, but only for Western music. We traded recently, and it
      was the first time he had traded any of his Boredoms material *ever*!
      This is pretty incredible, because he is nuts about them and tapes
      them himself at every conceivable opportunity. (The package I got had
      very different recordings from those that are doing the rounds, as
      you'd expect - live Rovo, AOA, Bore, 7vo7, Omoide Hatoba, Rashinban,
      etc.. I will post a list when I have got my head round it).
      He said that there is a difference in opinion about taping between
      Japan and the West. While it seems to be tollerated more and more in
      the UK/US, each time he goes to the Liquid Room or wherever, he gets
      very thoroughly searched for equipment and has to be careful the
      whole time - I guess kind of like it used to be twenty years ago when
      people were trying to tape the Dead or whoever in unfriendly venues.

      He said most people would frown on the activity if he told them what
      he did, even friends - and there is also the question of respect for
      the artist's wishes, which is very important there, so few people
      advertise the fact that they are recording Japanese bands as it is
      too close to home. Because of this, I don't know how sucessful a
      multinational trading board would be....

      Jim

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...>