Re: [the boredoms] super roots question for everyone

    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 6, 2002
      7 is good, but i really liked the change of pace of 6, since it shows
      the path the group would follow(or at least the new tools they'd use)
      soon afterward. the stockhausen listeners in the group might want to
      check out #6, it's very trippy. the earlier percussion-heavy stuff is
      tasty, too.--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, nostrapajamas1

    • dwatson.geo <aj153@freenet.carleton.ca>
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 14, 2002
        wrote:
        > > was there ever a 4?
        > I heard they never released a 4, because it's a # of bad luck in
        > japan, much like #13 in the west.
        > If you only have 1/2 of 7, get the rest, it's my favorite super
        > roots. I really like 8 too, & 6 then 3 and 1. I don't have 2&5.

        A contributor to the discographies who pops up in my mailbox every
        now and again told me that the issue wasn't actually 4 being an
        unlucky number in Japan, but copyright. I asked, but didn't get any
        more details than that.

        The discography updates are coming along slowly, but surely. When
        everything's ready, I'll announce it here.