Re: [the boredoms] super roots question for everyone

  • steve matis
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 5, 2002
      what is everyone's favorite super roots cd? i have
      only heard half of super roots 7 and downloaded super
      roots 3 but thats it for me. i can;t really pass
      judgement. i am really curious as to how everyone else
      feels about this series of boredoms recordings and
      which ones are everyones favorites and which ones are
      worth tracking down and paying big $$$ for as well.

      thanks

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • dwatson.geo <aj153@freenet.carleton.ca>
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 14, 2002
        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, nostrapajamas1 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > > was there ever a 4?
        > I heard they never released a 4, because it's a # of bad luck in
        > japan, much like #13 in the west.
        > If you only have 1/2 of 7, get the rest, it's my favorite super
        > roots. I really like 8 too, & 6 then 3 and 1. I don't have 2&5.

        A contributor to the discographies who pops up in my mailbox every
        now and again told me that the issue wasn't actually 4 being an
        unlucky number in Japan, but copyright. I asked, but didn't get any
        more details than that.

        The discography updates are coming along slowly, but surely. When
        everything's ready, I'll announce it here.