weird/has to be wrong listing on POP-Kiss

  • Claude Zachary
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2002
      Sharin' in the Groove: Celebrating the Music of Phish (The
      Mockingbird Foundation--no #--CD) 2001
      "Free (End of Session Version)" (7:25) [listed as 8:45] ("Free"--
      Music: Trey Anastasio; Lyrics--Tom Marshall; "End of Session"--
      Music: Phish; Lyrics: Tom Marshall)
      LINE-UP: YAMATAKA EYE--Keyboards; YOSHIMI P-WE--Drums; YOSHIKAWA--
      Synthesizer, vocals; SEIICHI YAMAMOTO--Guitar; HILAH--Bass

      this if from the POP-Kiss disc.
      http://www.ottawa-anime.org/~eyevocal/boredoms/boredisc.htm

      I'd think they'd know what they are talking about, I'm sure its a
      fuck-up (they forgot ATR too), but there's always the weird chance?
    • michael calore
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2002
        claude

        when you indicate an error has been made, are you referring to the omission
        of ATR, or the actual existence of the song?

        it's a good song, i've got the CD. it's one of about 3 or 4 good songs on
        the set. haha

        -m

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2002
          i thought he was referring to the presence of Yoshikawa, which does
          sound like an error. --- In theboredoms@y..., "michael calore"

        • dwatson.geo <aj153@freenet.carleton.ca>
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14, 2002
            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "Claude Zachary"
            <claudezachary@m...> wrote:
            > Sharin' in the Groove: Celebrating the Music of Phish (The
            > Mockingbird Foundation--no #--CD) 2001
            > "Free (End of Session Version)" (7:25) [listed as 8:45] ("Free"--
            > Music: Trey Anastasio; Lyrics--Tom Marshall; "End of Session"--
            > Music: Phish; Lyrics: Tom Marshall)
            > LINE-UP: YAMATAKA EYE--Keyboards; YOSHIMI P-WE--Drums; YOSHIKAWA--
            > Synthesizer, vocals; SEIICHI YAMAMOTO--Guitar; HILAH--Bass
            >
            > this if from the POP-Kiss disc.
            > http://www.ottawa-anime.org/~eyevocal/boredoms/boredisc.htm
            >
            > I'd think they'd know what they are talking about, I'm sure its a
            > fuck-up (they forgot ATR too), but there's always the weird chance?

            That is the exact line-up listing in my copy of Sharin' in the
            Groove. They may have buggered up the spelling of Shawn Scallen's
            name, but I don't think they'd go so far as to get the line-up
            wrong. Maybe Yoshikawa is still close enough to the group to pop in
            every now and again (remember, his stint as second vocalist was the
            *second* time he was a member, after an abortive turn on drums). Met
            him after the Phew/Grind Orchestra gig as part of the Bears' 12th
            Anniversary celebration and he (and the rest of the band) was very
            nice.