sort of off-subject

    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 4, 2002
      but not really, sound-wise: does anyone know of any good audio
      download sites for karlheinz stockhausen? he was really kind of a
      pioneer of the "musique concrete" decades ago, and i remember taping
      a lp in 1980 (which was already old then) that might've been on the
      folkway label. cool symphonic edits of record album runoff grooves,
      surface noise, odd mechanical and electronic tones. 'noise', but
      somewhat structured and without excessive volume.
    • dwatson.geo <aj153@freenet.carleton.ca>
      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 14, 2002
        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, nostrapajamas1 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > > was there ever a 4?
        > I heard they never released a 4, because it's a # of bad luck in
        > japan, much like #13 in the west.
        > If you only have 1/2 of 7, get the rest, it's my favorite super
        > roots. I really like 8 too, & 6 then 3 and 1. I don't have 2&5.

        A contributor to the discographies who pops up in my mailbox every
        now and again told me that the issue wasn't actually 4 being an
        unlucky number in Japan, but copyright. I asked, but didn't get any
        more details than that.

        The discography updates are coming along slowly, but surely. When
        everything's ready, I'll announce it here.