Re: Eye Interview

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 15, 2002
      nice to make that connection--for years, an excellent magazine as
      well (i've written features for goldmine myself). i did view the
      eclipse, though hardly in as romantic a setting. it was among a group
      of annoyingly cloy officeworkers in front of a small freeway. i do
      recall the eerie grey/green cast that affected everything as the
      light dwindled into a unique degree of midday twilight. the remark
      about fasting intrigues: I hold a suspicion (belief??) that
      many "religious" experiences are related to or created by chemical
      effects related to plant drug use or the effects of fasting--or in
      some cases, group hysteria--though there are actual supernatural
      experiences that seem to be wholly outside of this realm that cannot
      be explained. so someone creates a construct for them, ergo new
      beliefs or reinforcement of existing superstitions (forever a human
      need). just like when i listen to "acid police"...the first time, i
      turned the bass-heavy volume up beyond distort levels. the stereo was
      on a bookcase, and i saw the books literally fly from the shelves in
      response while i stomped around in glee. some might just say it was
      the vibration and volume, but i say it was the BOREDOMS, and who can
      say either way? cheers, jim--- In theboredoms@y..., "ginjit2002"
      <ginjit@f...> wrote:
      > --- In theboredoms@y..., "forestwander" <arken001@h...> wrote:
      > > Somebody had mentioned an interview with Eye (I think in NME)
      where