Re: Annoying spam + frank zappa question..

  • ginjit2002
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 24, 2002
      >>If you do buy it, let us all know what it actually contains.

      I would do but it's gone now... I can't imagine why they stocked it
      in the first place really - most English shops only carry VCN.
      Something of an anomaly. By the time I had the cash to buy it (it
      was - surprise - expensive) it had sold, never to be ordered again.
      Tower are closing down shops all over the place, so I can't imagine
      they are interested in ordering obscure CDs like that in a hurry
      now :-(

      Jim
    • Just ask
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 24, 2002
        --- In theboredoms@y..., "wingsoftoast" <wingsoftoast@y...> wrote:
        > in the meantime i found a cd at hmv.co.jp that features atr / hilah +
        > says 'meets frank zappa' - anyone know what it's about etc ???

        As others have mentioned, it's a compilation of FZ tracks picked by
        Yamamoto, ATR, and Hilah. Info is here:
        http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85821131/weirdo/japanese99.html It's still
        in-print and is 2095 Yen w/o tax. HMV Japan carries copies.

        I hope this helps. :-)
      • michael calore
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 24, 2002
          Aquarius is sometimes difficult to order from because their physical
          location is extremely small. it's about the side of a studio apartment, and
          not much bigger than a small one bedroom. therefore, they don't keep a large
          stock, and they do a brisk mailorder business on top of that. many of their
          choice items sell out a day or two after their twice-monthly "New Arrivals"
          email goes out. they probably kept the OOIOO cd in stock for a few months,
          and then sold out of it. but since they wrote about it on their site and in
          their email list, the entry will stay up there and continue to return hits
          when their database is searched. they hardly ever remove items from their
          database, but they do list items as "out of print" once they've received
          confirmation of that fact from the label or the distributor.

          when you DO order something from them, they will try their hardest to get it
          for you, and i've found them to be very helpful about recommedations toward
          other outlets after they've tried to get something for you and failed.

          i've got a standing order for Dj Pica Pica Pica at AQ that i call in to
          check up on every now and then. so, what i'm saying is, try them! they're
          good! Aquarius is still one of the best outlets on the west coast for
          japanese music of any kind.

          -m

        • gygax
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 24, 2002
            SF folks: there were used copies of dj pika pika pika
            as well as super ae in the green puffy case for $15
            (less 20%) each about a week ago during the sale at
            open mind on divis. not sure if they're still there
            but i did score some great early Mego slipsleeve stuff
            and some used Kompakt 12"s.

            --- michael calore <mike@...> wrote:
            > Aquarius is sometimes difficult to order from
            > because their physical
            > location is extremely small. it's about the side of
            > a studio apartment, and
            > not much bigger than a small one bedroom. therefore,
            > they don't keep a large
            > stock, and they do a brisk mailorder business on top
            > of that. many of their
            > choice items sell out a day or two after their
            > twice-monthly "New Arrivals"
            > email goes out. they probably kept the OOIOO cd in
            > stock for a few months,
            > and then sold out of it. but since they wrote about
            > it on their site and in
            > their email list, the entry will stay up there and
            > continue to return hits
            > when their database is searched. they hardly ever
            > remove items from their
            > database, but they do list items as "out of print"
            > once they've received
            > confirmation of that fact from the label or the
            > distributor.
            >
            > when you DO order something from them, they will try
            > their hardest to get it
            > for you, and i've found them to be very helpful
            > about recommedations toward
            > other outlets after they've tried to get something
            > for you and failed.
            >
            > i've got a standing order for Dj Pica Pica Pica at
            > AQ that i call in to
            > check up on every now and then. so, what i'm saying
            > is, try them! they're
            > good! Aquarius is still one of the best outlets on
            > the west coast for
            > japanese music of any kind.
            >
            > -m

            > removed]

            http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
          • Mark Swartz
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 24, 2002
              Alas,

              Aquarius says they don't have it. Furthermore,
              they say it's out of print and can't be got.
              Cry. I guess it's trolling ebay for me.

              If anybody gets a line on it, please share the
              info...

              Mark

              On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 10:25:01AM -0700, michael calore wrote:
              > Aquarius is sometimes difficult to order from because their physical
              > location is extremely small. it's about the side of a studio apartment, and
              > not much bigger than a small one bedroom. therefore, they don't keep a large
              > stock, and they do a brisk mailorder business on top of that. many of their
              > choice items sell out a day or two after their twice-monthly "New Arrivals"
              > email goes out. they probably kept the OOIOO cd in stock for a few months,
              > and then sold out of it. but since they wrote about it on their site and in
              > their email list, the entry will stay up there and continue to return hits
              > when their database is searched. they hardly ever remove items from their
              > database, but they do list items as "out of print" once they've received
              > confirmation of that fact from the label or the distributor.
              >
              > when you DO order something from them, they will try their hardest to get it
              > for you, and i've found them to be very helpful about recommedations toward
              > other outlets after they've tried to get something for you and failed.
              >
              > i've got a standing order for Dj Pica Pica Pica at AQ that i call in to
              > check up on every now and then. so, what i'm saying is, try them! they're
              > good! Aquarius is still one of the best outlets on the west coast for
              > japanese music of any kind.
              >
              > -m

            • 1-0
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 25, 2002
                --- In theboredoms@y..., Mark Swartz <mark@2...> wrote:
                > Alas,
                >
                > Aquarius says they don't have it. Furthermore,
                > they say it's out of print and can't be got.
                > Cry. I guess it's trolling ebay for me.
                >
                > If anybody gets a line on it, please share the
                > info...

                Comfort (http://web.kyoto-
                inet.or.jp/people/ohkura/ENGLISH/boredoms.html) also lists it, though
                they are located in Japan. Actually, I think Comfort is one of the
                best sites for updated Japanese release info.

                Dominique
              • Just ask
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 25, 2002
                  --- In theboredoms@y..., Mark Swartz <mark@2...> wrote:
                  > Aquarius says they don't have it. Furthermore,
                  > they say it's out of print and can't be got.

                  Aquarius (and/or their distributor) is full of crap. HMV Japan has
                  six OOIOO entries, all of which are in stock or can be obtained
                  relatively quickly at decent prices. (The Japanese releases are 2718
                  Yen, or about US$22, before shipping and such.) They are:

                  Feather Float (Japanese release)
                  Feather Float (U.S. release)
                  Gold & Green
                  S/T (Japanese release)
                  S/T (U.S. release)
                  Shock City Shockers Vol. 2: OOIOO Remix
                • frankk_booth
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 29, 2002
                    http://www.redeye.com.au

                    i found this site pretty cool for boredoms stuff. i got the super
                    roots 8 vinyl here. although its Australia, I got my vinyl sent to
                    England in 3 days, took about a day to process. They have a mixture
                    of boredoms side project shit and most of the ooioo releases. check
                    it oot
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 3, 2002
                      doing it right now, sorry for the delayed response. please see my
                      information and sonic high weirdness is what we're interested in
                      here...--- In theboredoms@y..., souljacker68 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > Isn't there any way of stopping the 'check this out', 'new pics'
                      etc
                      > posts beacuse there becoming a real pain.
                    • kabukiboyinchina
                      Message 10 of 20 , Nov 8, 2002
                        Japnoise is fairly well represented at Red Eye Records in Sydney
                        probably due to Oren Ambarchi working there. Check out his work both
                        solo and with Robbie Avaniem (on Tzadik). Oren and Robbie are the
                        main instigators of the What Is Music? Festival here too
                        (www.whatismusic.com). There is a huge and thriving underground
                        scene of 'out-there' music in Australia - check here for various
                        craziness - www.abc.net.au/arts/adlib. There is also a huge distro
                        in Melbourne at www.synrecords.com for all your world noise....