Re: roots

  • mp_lockwood
    Message 1 of 327 , Aug 10, 2000
      "Me it was when Spin picked Super � as one of the
      best cds of the ninety's"<br><br>Funny cuz I think I
      remember reading their review of it and it sounded like
      they hated it. Seemed like the reviewer was told he
      was supposed to like it but couldn't understand what
      was good about it. Or maybe I'm thinking of their
      review of Chocolate Synthesizer. That must be it
      actually becaus eI don't think I've even seen an issue of
      Spin in 4 years. Do they still publish?<br><br>Me, I
      read a review of Pop Tatari in Alternative Press that
      finally convinced me to lay down money for the Boredoms.
      It said the record "makes the butthole Surfers sound
      like elevator music" and that they were all clearly
      insane and might be genii. Sounded good to
      me!<br><br>-M.P.Lockwood
    • andonedreamer
      Message 327 of 327 , Jul 12 9:12 PM
        wow i drove out from chicago to catch that pontiac MI show !!! Talk
        about unreal!!! I was worried about how the show would be without
        yoshikawa but they just transcended anything i was even remotely
        expecting....that show was even better than the Chicago show the next
        night primarily because their sound guy was a bit off on his timing
        on many effects...but pontiac was just absolutely perfect!

        -- In theboredoms@y..., alterego100usa <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > the shirt pictured on this site was purchased by me during the 1999
        > tour (pontiac mi), looks better in-person, though the design is as
        > intricate as it is relatively small. i passed on getting a shirt on
        > the lollapalooza tour 'way back when because that one was virtually
        > unreadable, though it was loaded with tiny characters all over.---
        In