Re: SPK sample on "NANI NANI", etc

  • pm.carey@utoronto.ca
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2002
      * Michael Gillham <blackoperations_uk@...>:
      >I don't know if any other sharp-eared people noticed
      >that the start of SPK's "Ground Zero : Infinity Dose"
      >(from "Information Overload Unit") was sampled on
      >"Propolution" (track 9 of "Nani Nani").

      >John Zorn also used the same sample (albeit more of)
      >on "Artemisia Absinthium", track 5 of Naked City's
      >"Absinthe" album.

      Nice one, Michael! Three albums I haven't played in
      ages (well, I do play "Absinthe" a fair bit...).
      Just listened, and voilĂ ... clear as day.

      -P

      NP: Naked City - "Absinthe"
    • Michael Gillham
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
        You have to admit, I've got a sharp-ear! I mean, it's
        not THAT obvious!

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • pm.carey@utoronto.ca
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2002
          * Michael Gillham <blackoperations_uk@...>:
          >You have to admit, I've got a sharp-ear! I mean, it's
          >not THAT obvious!

          I thought it was clearer (more obvious) on "Nani Nani"
          than on "Absinthe", but yeah, still a sharp catch.

          -Patrick