Re: [the boredoms] Re: Super Roots 5

  • Arthur Gadney
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 5, 2002
      What's the difference between Super Roots 3 & 5?

    • Arthur Gadney
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 5, 2002
        The thing about WOW2 is that it has to be played LOUD.

      • 1-0
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 5, 2002
          --- In theboredoms@y..., chiketee <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Also, have you heard Super Roots 2 - now that is a rare item that
          > costs waaay too much for very little - thats where the gripes
          should be -

          Yeah, forgot about that one. Not really much to recommend (or more
          accurately, not much that stands out from SR1, which in itself seemed
          kind of like Pop Tatari "Unplugged" to me).

          Also, I agree SR8 was disappointing, but their first version of
          Jungle Taitei was fun (even if the remixes were pretty, er,
          pointless). However, I absolutely love SR7.

          The problem with Boredoms is that sometimes they make music that
          seems more important in the context of their evolution than it is to
          me, as a listener. Albums like SR3 and SR5 seem very necessary when
          you consider how far they had to come to bridge their early style
          with their current one, but how fun are they to listen to? That
          said, I probably need to sit down in front of SR5 again soon. :)

          Dominique
        • Bohr, Alexander
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 17, 2003
            I placed an order within a half an hour of that original post and I just got
            a note saying they had already sold the One copy they had (but to check
            back).
            So don't start kicking yourself for shelling out $50 yet, the search
            continues.