boredoms miike connection?

  • nimereht
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 8:03 AM
      anyone know anything about some members of the boredoms being
      involved in the soundtrack of takashi miike's film ICHI THE KILLER???

      i found this description on ebay...

      "This is a used copy of the Ichi The Killer OST by Karera Musication
      (most of the members of boredoms). It reminds me more of OOIOO than
      of Boredoms, but without vocals. It is a Japan only release. It also
      contains the trailer for the film"

      what a combination! the boredoms and miike...can anyone confirm
      this???
    • trigger_goldberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 9:01 AM
        Yes. They're not just involved, they wrote all the music. I was
        lucky enough to be able to see the film here in L.A. at the
        Egyptian theater about a month ago, and it was quite impressive.
        The Boredoms' music pretty much permeated the whole thing.
        The music ranges from extremely rhythmic and high-energy to
        sparse, hypnotic, and psychedelic-- basically running the recent
        Boredoms gamut, sans vocals. I have heard that all members
        but eYe were involved in the project, but I saw "eYe" listed along
        with all the other members of the band next to Karera Musication
        in the credits (music credit was the only credit in English
        characters; the rest were Japanese, of course). Anyway, I would
        highly recommend bidding on that. Personally I'm waiting for it to
        arrive from http://hmv.co.jp

        --- In theboredoms@y..., "nimereht" <nimereht@a...> wrote:
        > anyone know anything about some members of the boredoms
        being
        > involved in the soundtrack of takashi miike's film ICHI THE
        KILLER???

        > i found this description on ebay...
        >
        > "This is a used copy of the Ichi The Killer OST by Karera
        Musication
        > (most of the members of boredoms). It reminds me more of
        OOIOO than
        > of Boredoms, but without vocals. It is a Japan only release. It
        also
        > contains the trailer for the film"
        >
        > what a combination! the boredoms and miike...can anyone
        confirm
        > this???
      • 1-0
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 12:12 PM
          Not sure about the movie credits, but the CD didn't list Eye. It did
          list the other members, and was produced by Seiichi Yamamoto.
          Personally, I was a little disappointed by the actual music.

          Dominique