Re: P.S ... Re: [the boredoms] eye want

  • Michael Gillham
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 19, 2002
      To say the least, Hanatarash "5" is pretty fucking
      cosmic! Ha Ha.

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com
    • 1-0
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 23, 2002
        --- In theboredoms@y..., "panicstepper" <panicstepper@y...> wrote:
        > Just that I understand it is in the more recent, uh, pyschadelic
        vein
        > and I am totally into it at this current time. Of course I would
        > like to acquire Hanatarash 1 and 2 but see little chance on that.
        > Thanks for the aquarisrecords link by the way - have e'ed them.

        Well, yes and no. It is one long electronic noise-blip-scream, so I
        guess that falls in line with some stuff Boredoms have been doing
        recently -- but it was recorded in 1988!

        Dominique
      • panicstepper
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 23, 2002
          --- In theboredoms@y..., 1-0 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > --- In theboredoms@y..., "panicstepper" <panicstepper@y...> wrote:
          > > Just that I understand it is in the more recent, uh, pyschadelic
          > vein
          > > and I am totally into it at this current time. Of course I would
          > > like to acquire Hanatarash 1 and 2 but see little chance on
          that.
          > > Thanks for the aquarisrecords link by the way - have e'ed them.

          > Well, yes and no. It is one long electronic noise-blip-scream, so
          > guess that falls in line with some stuff Boredoms have been doing
          > recently -- but it was recorded in 1988!
          >
          > Dominique
        • panicstepper
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 26, 2002
            Whoops! What I was trying to say was that what I count as
            psychadelic is not specifcally a particular genre but a way of
            thinking: hearing the sound between sounds and seeing the colours
            between colours. Like Jean Luc Godard said: 'It's not blood. It's
            red'. Letting the sound image stand autonomously, free of any
            symbolic significance (it is so boring to try and assign a meaning to
            everything!). Anyhow, should be hearing #5 pretty damn soon so will
            let you know! In many ways 5 is also my favorite super roots for
            this reason.

            Nat