P.S ... Re: [the boredoms] eye want

  • Michael Gillham
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2002
      Oh, and why Hanatarash "5" in particular?

      http://uk.my.yahoo.com
    • panicstepper
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 19, 2002
        Just that I understand it is in the more recent, uh, pyschadelic vein
        and I am totally into it at this current time. Of course I would
        like to acquire Hanatarash 1 and 2 but see little chance on that.
        Thanks for the aquarisrecords link by the way - have e'ed them.

        --- In theboredoms@y..., Michael Gillham <blackoperations_uk@y...>

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2002
          To say the least, Hanatarash "5" is pretty fucking
          cosmic! Ha Ha.

          http://uk.my.yahoo.com
        • 1-0
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 23, 2002
            --- In theboredoms@y..., "panicstepper" <panicstepper@y...> wrote:
            > Just that I understand it is in the more recent, uh, pyschadelic
            vein
            > and I am totally into it at this current time. Of course I would
            > like to acquire Hanatarash 1 and 2 but see little chance on that.
            > Thanks for the aquarisrecords link by the way - have e'ed them.

            Well, yes and no. It is one long electronic noise-blip-scream, so I
            guess that falls in line with some stuff Boredoms have been doing
            recently -- but it was recorded in 1988!

            Dominique
          • panicstepper
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 23, 2002
              --- In theboredoms@y..., 1-0 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > --- In theboredoms@y..., "panicstepper" <panicstepper@y...> wrote:
              > > Just that I understand it is in the more recent, uh, pyschadelic
              > vein
              > > and I am totally into it at this current time. Of course I would
              > > like to acquire Hanatarash 1 and 2 but see little chance on
              that.
              > > Thanks for the aquarisrecords link by the way - have e'ed them.

              > Well, yes and no. It is one long electronic noise-blip-scream, so
              > guess that falls in line with some stuff Boredoms have been doing
              > recently -- but it was recorded in 1988!
              >
              > Dominique
            • panicstepper
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 26, 2002
                Whoops! What I was trying to say was that what I count as
                psychadelic is not specifcally a particular genre but a way of
                thinking: hearing the sound between sounds and seeing the colours
                between colours. Like Jean Luc Godard said: 'It's not blood. It's
                red'. Letting the sound image stand autonomously, free of any
                symbolic significance (it is so boring to try and assign a meaning to
                everything!). Anyhow, should be hearing #5 pretty damn soon so will
                let you know! In many ways 5 is also my favorite super roots for
                this reason.

                Nat