Re: [the boredoms] eye want

  • Michael Gillham
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2002
      Hanatarash "5" at http://www.aquariusrecords.org/

      I know of a couple of other sources, so if they can't
      help you (i.e, it's out of stock), post back and I'll
      let you know.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2002
        Oh, and why Hanatarash "5" in particular?

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • panicstepper
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 19, 2002
          Just that I understand it is in the more recent, uh, pyschadelic vein
          and I am totally into it at this current time. Of course I would
          like to acquire Hanatarash 1 and 2 but see little chance on that.
          Thanks for the aquarisrecords link by the way - have e'ed them.

          --- In theboredoms@y..., Michael Gillham <blackoperations_uk@y...>

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 19, 2002
            To say the least, Hanatarash "5" is pretty fucking
            cosmic! Ha Ha.

            http://uk.my.yahoo.com
          • 1-0
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 23, 2002
              --- In theboredoms@y..., "panicstepper" <panicstepper@y...> wrote:
              > Just that I understand it is in the more recent, uh, pyschadelic
              vein
              > and I am totally into it at this current time. Of course I would
              > like to acquire Hanatarash 1 and 2 but see little chance on that.
              > Thanks for the aquarisrecords link by the way - have e'ed them.

              Well, yes and no. It is one long electronic noise-blip-scream, so I
              guess that falls in line with some stuff Boredoms have been doing
              recently -- but it was recorded in 1988!

              Dominique
            • panicstepper
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 23, 2002
                --- In theboredoms@y..., 1-0 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > --- In theboredoms@y..., "panicstepper" <panicstepper@y...> wrote:
                > > Just that I understand it is in the more recent, uh, pyschadelic
                > vein
                > > and I am totally into it at this current time. Of course I would
                > > like to acquire Hanatarash 1 and 2 but see little chance on
                that.
                > > Thanks for the aquarisrecords link by the way - have e'ed them.

                > Well, yes and no. It is one long electronic noise-blip-scream, so
                > guess that falls in line with some stuff Boredoms have been doing
                > recently -- but it was recorded in 1988!
                >
                > Dominique
              • panicstepper
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 26, 2002
                  Whoops! What I was trying to say was that what I count as
                  psychadelic is not specifcally a particular genre but a way of
                  thinking: hearing the sound between sounds and seeing the colours
                  between colours. Like Jean Luc Godard said: 'It's not blood. It's
                  red'. Letting the sound image stand autonomously, free of any
                  symbolic significance (it is so boring to try and assign a meaning to
                  everything!). Anyhow, should be hearing #5 pretty damn soon so will
                  let you know! In many ways 5 is also my favorite super roots for
                  this reason.

                  Nat