Re: [the boredoms] RFH gig

  • peter boughton
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15 11:46 AM
      it was a funny gig - most of the crowd had obviously
      come to see the boredoms but there were also a
      smattering of people there to see John Cale
      (headlining) - the audience dropped by about a third
      during Cale's set which was godawful + pretentious as
      hell (i can see why they chucked him out the Velvets).
      - Eye sat in front of me + left after about two songs
      looking a bit bemused - basically the boredoms should
      have headlined!

      The boredoms set was around 75 minutes long - the
      three drummers - (yoshimi especially) responding to a
      single note pitch shifted by Eye.(bit like the fourth
      track on rebore vol 0)At first i was a bit
      disappointed cos' it sounded a bit proggy but the
      sheer rhythmic propulsion of the group was so
      infectious you couldn't help being drawn in - there
      was a brief hiatus towards the end of the set during
      which eye appeared to shout 'shut up' a lot (don't ask
      me why) while yoshimi sang out angelically - this
      eventually became this huge stomping krautrock anthem
      thing which ended the set -- respect to the guys who
      got up and danced.

      http://autos.yahoo.com