Re: Is it official? (shirt)

  • andonedreamer
    Message 1 of 327 , Jul 12, 2002
      wow i drove out from chicago to catch that pontiac MI show !!! Talk
      about unreal!!! I was worried about how the show would be without
      yoshikawa but they just transcended anything i was even remotely
      expecting....that show was even better than the Chicago show the next
      night primarily because their sound guy was a bit off on his timing
      on many effects...but pontiac was just absolutely perfect!

      -- In theboredoms@y..., alterego100usa <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > the shirt pictured on this site was purchased by me during the 1999
      > tour (pontiac mi), looks better in-person, though the design is as
      > intricate as it is relatively small. i passed on getting a shirt on
      > the lollapalooza tour 'way back when because that one was virtually
      > unreadable, though it was loaded with tiny characters all over.---
      In
> [...]
      > if
      > > you are still interested I can find out and post later so you
      can
      > do
      > > a search for them! I know they've been keeping them in mint
      > storage
      > > condition and have the most wacky designs (being a friend I tend
      > > get first dibs!). :)
      > >
      > > But as for my experience I had toured Asia (Seoul, Korea (my
      father
      > > is korean); HK; and Osaka, Japan (sister city to where I live
      > > Chicago!)....and was able to find numerous awesome Boredoms/UFO
      or
      > > DIE/Hanatarash/Merzbow/Ruins shirts!!...many of them are
      incredibly
      > > rare and done in incredibly limited quanities primarily because
      > they
      > > are completely lovingly handcrafted and cost a lot to create...
      > (these
      > > aren't the typical cheap silkscreen style shirts like the ones
      you
      > > pointed out).....but done by either EyE or other band members,
      > > etc....all of this unfortunately translates into exhorbitantly
      high
      > > prices...when I went the exchange rate was already murder
      > enough....i
      > > think i spent about $1450 on shirts alone (each one costing about
      > $75-
      > > 95max!!!!!!)....the more common shirts like the ones you link too
      > > were sold for a more reasonable $25-35 exchange rate.....
      > >
      > > I was also able to get that box set of VisionCreationNewsun and
      the
      > > shirt that came with that was completely white with the
      silkscreen
      > > being also white so it was white on white...hard to read...Love
      > it!!!
      > > There is also a brilliant visioncreationnewsun shirt out that
      > > features EyE showing off his photorealistic art stage and has
      this
      > > cool glowing skull with crazy electric hair and a fetus residing
      in
      > > the brain!....
      > >
      > > anyhow enough of my drivel.... :)
      > >
      > > beth
      > >

      > > --- In theboredoms@y..., marc2000000000 wrote:
      > > > Hey guys, boredoms stuff is so hard to come by
      > > > that it's easy to suspect a lot of things aren't
      > > > really that official. I was looking at the following
      > > > site
      > > > {<a href=http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_catHome.jsp?
      > > sid=10185&mode=1&catId=1056541&pnum=1&psize=10&pageIndex=-1}
      > > target=new>http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_catHome.jsp?
      > > sid=10185&mode=1&catId=1056541&pnum=
      > > > 1&psize=10&pageIndex=-1}</a> and found some boredoms shirts i
      was
      > > interested
      > > > in, but...are these REALLY official shirts of the
      > > > boredoms? Just wondering...<br><br>Also, does anyone know
      > > > of any other sites that have boredoms merchandise
    • andonedreamer
      Message 327 of 327 , Jul 12, 2002