Re: Is it official? (shirt)

  • andonedreamer
    Message 1 of 327 , Jul 10, 2002
      Hiya marc!

      Actually I had purchased those shirts but in a faded pale rose color
      during their last tour of the US in Michigan and Chicago so yes they
      are official... :)

      I've also bought quite a few in Osaka during my trips there and
      another friend had bought LOTS while he toured Japan as well and I
      think he and his fiance are still selling spme of them on Ebay ...at
      least they had been recently because they can use the cash to move
      across the usa..! I can't remember their ebay name offhand but if
      you are still interested I can find out and post later so you can do
      a search for them! I know they've been keeping them in mint storage
      condition and have the most wacky designs (being a friend I tend to
      get first dibs!). :)

      But as for my experience I had toured Asia (Seoul, Korea (my father
      is korean); HK; and Osaka, Japan (sister city to where I live
      Chicago!)....and was able to find numerous awesome Boredoms/UFO or
      DIE/Hanatarash/Merzbow/Ruins shirts!!...many of them are incredibly
      rare and done in incredibly limited quanities primarily because they
      are completely lovingly handcrafted and cost a lot to create...(these
      aren't the typical cheap silkscreen style shirts like the ones you
      pointed out).....but done by either EyE or other band members,
      etc....all of this unfortunately translates into exhorbitantly high
      prices...when I went the exchange rate was already murder enough....i
      think i spent about $1450 on shirts alone (each one costing about $75-
      95max!!!!!!)....the more common shirts like the ones you link too
      were sold for a more reasonable $25-35 exchange rate.....

      I was also able to get that box set of VisionCreationNewsun and the
      shirt that came with that was completely white with the silkscreen
      being also white so it was white on white...hard to read...Love it!!!
      There is also a brilliant visioncreationnewsun shirt out that
      features EyE showing off his photorealistic art stage and has this
      cool glowing skull with crazy electric hair and a fetus residing in
      the brain!....

      anyhow enough of my drivel.... :)

      beth

      --- In theboredoms@y..., marc2000000000 wrote:
      > Hey guys, boredoms stuff is so hard to come by
      > that it's easy to suspect a lot of things aren't
      > really that official. I was looking at the following
      > site
      > {<a href=http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_catHome.jsp?
      sid=10185&mode=1&catId=1056541&pnum=1&psize=10&pageIndex=-1}
      target=new>http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_catHome.jsp?
      sid=10185&mode=1&catId=1056541&pnum=
      > 1&psize=10&pageIndex=-1}</a> and found some boredoms shirts i was
      interested
      > in, but...are these REALLY official shirts of the
      > boredoms? Just wondering...<br><br>Also, does anyone know
      > of any other sites that have boredoms merchandise
      > for sale? Thanks
    • andonedreamer
      Message 327 of 327 , Jul 12, 2002
        wow i drove out from chicago to catch that pontiac MI show !!! Talk
        about unreal!!! I was worried about how the show would be without
        yoshikawa but they just transcended anything i was even remotely
        expecting....that show was even better than the Chicago show the next
        night primarily because their sound guy was a bit off on his timing
        on many effects...but pontiac was just absolutely perfect!

        -- In theboredoms@y..., alterego100usa <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > the shirt pictured on this site was purchased by me during the 1999
        > tour (pontiac mi), looks better in-person, though the design is as
        > intricate as it is relatively small. i passed on getting a shirt on
        > the lollapalooza tour 'way back when because that one was virtually
        > unreadable, though it was loaded with tiny characters all over.---
        In