Re: [the boredoms] uk members

  • peter boughton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
      The Flaming Lips always seem a lot better on paper
      than they are in actuality though 'hit to death in the
      future head' is kind of cool- I really liked Mercury
      Rev when Dave Baker was still with them too but now
      they seem to have lapsed into some vague dull
      Americana sound - i wasn't aware that Boredoms Yoshimi
      has anything to do with this cd...

      --- Mr Theela Hun-Ginjit <ginjit@...> wrote:
      > > Shes on one track I think, that yoshimi vs. the
      > robots pt. 2.<BR>
      > > I think they have misused Yoshimi, they suck>
      >
      > Quite possibly! I thought Eye was in there as well.
      > Oh well....
      >
      > --

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • dwatson.geo
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
        --- In theboredoms@y..., surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Someone told me Yoshimi was on a few tracks,I can't really tell,I
        > downloaded that song and I don't know where or if she's on it.

        Maybe she is, maybe she isn't, but I just read a timeline article
        about the Flaming Lips in Exclaim! (www.exclaim.ca) and it says that
        the "Yoshimi" in the album title is a Japanese friend/fan of the Lips
        who had passed away. Nothing about our beloved Mrs. Kushnir. Not
        surprising, since Yoshimi is actually a pretty common girl's name in
        Japan.