Re: [the boredoms] uk members

  • Arthur Gadney
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2002
      Hello.

      >Has anyone any details on the new Flaming Lips record due next month?
      >It has Eye and Yoshimi on it, and is called something strange and very
      >anime-esque like "Yoshimi Vs. the Pink..." something or other! Should
      >be interesting!

      Eye as well? Are you sure?

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2002
        Someone told me Yoshimi was on a few tracks,I can't really tell,I
        downloaded that song and I don't know where or if she's on it.
      • blgnse
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 27, 2002
          Shes on one track I think, that yoshimi vs. the robots pt. 2.
          I think they have misused Yoshimi, they suck!

          /Anders.

          --- In theboredoms@y..., surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Someone told me Yoshimi was on a few tracks,I can't really tell,I
          > downloaded that song and I don't know where or if she's on it.
        • Mr Theela Hun-Ginjit
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28, 2002
            > Shes on one track I think, that yoshimi vs. the robots pt. 2.<BR>
            > I think they have misused Yoshimi, they suck>

            Quite possibly! I thought Eye was in there as well. Oh well....

            --
          • peter boughton
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
              The Flaming Lips always seem a lot better on paper
              than they are in actuality though 'hit to death in the
              future head' is kind of cool- I really liked Mercury
              Rev when Dave Baker was still with them too but now
              they seem to have lapsed into some vague dull
              Americana sound - i wasn't aware that Boredoms Yoshimi
              has anything to do with this cd...

              --- Mr Theela Hun-Ginjit <ginjit@...> wrote:
              > > Shes on one track I think, that yoshimi vs. the
              > robots pt. 2.<BR>
              > > I think they have misused Yoshimi, they suck>
              >
              > Quite possibly! I thought Eye was in there as well.
              > Oh well....
              >
              > --

              http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
            • dwatson.geo
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
                --- In theboredoms@y..., surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > Someone told me Yoshimi was on a few tracks,I can't really tell,I
                > downloaded that song and I don't know where or if she's on it.

                Maybe she is, maybe she isn't, but I just read a timeline article
                about the Flaming Lips in Exclaim! (www.exclaim.ca) and it says that
                the "Yoshimi" in the album title is a Japanese friend/fan of the Lips
                who had passed away. Nothing about our beloved Mrs. Kushnir. Not
                surprising, since Yoshimi is actually a pretty common girl's name in
                Japan.