Re: [the boredoms] uk members

  • Mr Theela Hun-Ginjit
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 25, 2002
      > or anyone else who may be going to the summer concerts: please let us
      <BR>
      > know if you obtain a recording, any format. several in the club have <
      BR>
      > rare recordings available to trade. much thanks to all, from all.<BR>

      I plan to record both shows...

      Has anyone any details on the new Flaming Lips record due next month?
      It has Eye and Yoshimi on it, and is called something strange and very
      anime-esque like "Yoshimi Vs. the Pink..." something or other! Should
      be interesting!

      jim b.

      --
    • Arthur Gadney
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 25, 2002
        Hello.

        >Has anyone any details on the new Flaming Lips record due next month?
        >It has Eye and Yoshimi on it, and is called something strange and very
        >anime-esque like "Yoshimi Vs. the Pink..." something or other! Should
        >be interesting!

        Eye as well? Are you sure?

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 25, 2002
          Someone told me Yoshimi was on a few tracks,I can't really tell,I
          downloaded that song and I don't know where or if she's on it.
        • blgnse
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 27, 2002
            Shes on one track I think, that yoshimi vs. the robots pt. 2.
            I think they have misused Yoshimi, they suck!

            /Anders.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 28, 2002
              > Shes on one track I think, that yoshimi vs. the robots pt. 2.<BR>
              > I think they have misused Yoshimi, they suck>

              Quite possibly! I thought Eye was in there as well. Oh well....

              --
            • peter boughton
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
                The Flaming Lips always seem a lot better on paper
                than they are in actuality though 'hit to death in the
                future head' is kind of cool- I really liked Mercury
                Rev when Dave Baker was still with them too but now
                they seem to have lapsed into some vague dull
                Americana sound - i wasn't aware that Boredoms Yoshimi
                has anything to do with this cd...

                --- Mr Theela Hun-Ginjit <ginjit@...> wrote:
                > > Shes on one track I think, that yoshimi vs. the
                > robots pt. 2.<BR>
                > > I think they have misused Yoshimi, they suck>
                >
                > Quite possibly! I thought Eye was in there as well.
                > Oh well....
                >
                > --

                http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
              • dwatson.geo
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
                  --- In theboredoms@y..., surrealeye_2001 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > Someone told me Yoshimi was on a few tracks,I can't really tell,I
                  > downloaded that song and I don't know where or if she's on it.

                  Maybe she is, maybe she isn't, but I just read a timeline article
                  about the Flaming Lips in Exclaim! (www.exclaim.ca) and it says that
                  the "Yoshimi" in the album title is a Japanese friend/fan of the Lips
                  who had passed away. Nothing about our beloved Mrs. Kushnir. Not
                  surprising, since Yoshimi is actually a pretty common girl's name in
                  Japan.