Re: [the boredoms] whatabout boredoms to england?

  • Jim Backhouse
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2002
      Boredoms are supposed to be playing at the Royal Festival Hall on July 13th,
      but it's not 100% 'official' yet, so hold back on the champagne and canapes
      for now... but it certainly looks hopeful!!

      Jim
      xxx

      www.kosmische.org

      Message 2 of 6 , May 24, 2002
        Wait a minute he-yah;
        I realize the Boredoms don't have a new album to push.But if they are
        stopping(tentatively)in England why not tour the US?This garbage
        about not wanting to tour a country at war?I mean come on,the Brits
        are certainly doing their part in Afghanistan.

        Wahh!I want my Boredoms!
      • roreek
        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2002
          There's no need to go anywhere near the US when travelling between
          the UK/Europe and Japan. There's direct flights from loads of
          European cities, and if you look at your globe you'll see that going
          via the US is the long way round.
          Why aren't they playing Ireland? That's the real question here...

          I think I might just have to go and start a Boredoms tribute band.

          Does anyone have recordings of recent live Boredoms (the 3 drummes +
          eYe set-up) to trade or sell or whatever? MP3s etc are no good to me.

          Rory.
        • exfedex2000
          Message 4 of 6 , May 24, 2002
            --- In theboredoms@y..., "roreek" <roreek@y...> wrote:
            > There's no need to go anywhere near the US when travelling between
            > the UK/Europe and Japan. There's direct flights from loads of
            > European cities, and if you look at your globe you'll see that
            going
            > via the US is the long way round.
            > Why aren't they playing Ireland? That's the real question here...
            >
            > I think I might just have to go and start a Boredoms tribute band.
            >
            > Does anyone have recordings of recent live Boredoms (the 3 drummes
            +
            > eYe set-up) to trade or sell or whatever? MP3s etc are no good to
            me.

            > Rory.

            MP3's are fine with me! If anybody has a bootleg of the Vooredoms
            from say their performances in San Fran in March or even at ATP in
            L.A., I'll HAPPILY take an mp3! I saw the ATP performance and I'm
            itching to re-live it. The whole thing has been recorded in the
            studio for a late summer release in Japan, but who can wait that
            long? ;-)
          • roreek
            Message 5 of 6 , May 28, 2002
              From the rather natty http://www.sbc.org.uk: