Re: Drug busts?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2002
      , but I've also read things that point to eYe and clan being
      > drug-free as well. Does anyone have evidence to the contrary?

      I thought I read an article in Tokion or something about Eye having a
      mushroom trip in Peru or something.It could certainly explain his new
      direction with SUN!RAINBOW!and the like,although I'm not implying
      thats'the only way to create the psyche bliss they do nowadays.I'm
      not anti-drug,I just am too paranoid to do them!But
      without "assistance"I am very much into psyche/trance-
      music/art/philosophy.

      Somewhat related,I remember around the time right before Pop Tatari
      that Yoshikawa left:The Boredoms were talking about how eccentric he
      was.That he came from a rich family but had a complex about it,he
      used to disappear for days and add trash like broken glass to his
      clothing.And that he would take everyone out to dinner,but have to
      ask for cab fare home,and would eat leftovers from other people's
      plates.

      Of course,if you've read enough Boredom's interviews you know they
      could also be pulling your leg.................
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2002
        i've got a 1970s radio interview with cap. beefheart wherein he
        disclaims any intentional ingestion of recreational drugs, but more
        recent anecdotes about the group seem to suggest this was a common
        hobby. i wonder if the claims to the contrary are just
        a...smokescreen...? after all, there is a boredoms song
        titled "cheeba", right? --- In theboredoms@y...,