Drug busts?

  • trigger_goldberg
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12 6:14 PM
      I believe I've read in various interviews that they don't do drugs.
      For a fact, I know that Yoshimi said nobody in OOIOO does
      drugs, but I've also read things that point to eYe and clan being
      drug-free as well. Does anyone have evidence to the contrary?
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12 6:54 PM
        , but I've also read things that point to eYe and clan being
        > drug-free as well. Does anyone have evidence to the contrary?

        I thought I read an article in Tokion or something about Eye having a
        mushroom trip in Peru or something.It could certainly explain his new
        direction with SUN!RAINBOW!and the like,although I'm not implying
        thats'the only way to create the psyche bliss they do nowadays.I'm
        not anti-drug,I just am too paranoid to do them!But
        without "assistance"I am very much into psyche/trance-
        music/art/philosophy.

        Somewhat related,I remember around the time right before Pop Tatari
        that Yoshikawa left:The Boredoms were talking about how eccentric he
        was.That he came from a rich family but had a complex about it,he
        used to disappear for days and add trash like broken glass to his
        clothing.And that he would take everyone out to dinner,but have to
        ask for cab fare home,and would eat leftovers from other people's
        plates.

        Of course,if you've read enough Boredom's interviews you know they
        could also be pulling your leg.................
        Message 3 of 4 , May 20 4:27 PM
          i've got a 1970s radio interview with cap. beefheart wherein he
          disclaims any intentional ingestion of recreational drugs, but more
          recent anecdotes about the group seem to suggest this was a common
          hobby. i wonder if the claims to the contrary are just
          a...smokescreen...? after all, there is a boredoms song
          titled "cheeba", right? --- In theboredoms@y...,