God Mama?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2002
      Anyone have any info/history on God Mama's involvement with Boredoms?
      All I know is she used to dance around with various strap ons for
      them.I'd love to have seen a live vid when she was with them.Just
      seeing that giant godzilla phallus on the Pop Tatari cd,I'm tellin'
      ya.I remember an early interview the Boredom's implied she got busted
      for something and was in jail.Which leads me to another question,I
      remember reading a review where the guy said about the
      Boredoms',"drug busts aside,these people are intelligent."Did anyone
      actually get busted?Maybe you people who know about Japanese culture
      can clue me in,but I thought Japan was really tough on drug use.What
      do I know.
    • trigger_goldberg
      Message 2 of 4 , May 12, 2002
        I believe I've read in various interviews that they don't do drugs.
        For a fact, I know that Yoshimi said nobody in OOIOO does
        drugs, but I've also read things that point to eYe and clan being
        drug-free as well. Does anyone have evidence to the contrary?
        Message 3 of 4 , May 12, 2002
          , but I've also read things that point to eYe and clan being
          > drug-free as well. Does anyone have evidence to the contrary?

          I thought I read an article in Tokion or something about Eye having a
          mushroom trip in Peru or something.It could certainly explain his new
          direction with SUN!RAINBOW!and the like,although I'm not implying
          thats'the only way to create the psyche bliss they do nowadays.I'm
          not anti-drug,I just am too paranoid to do them!But
          without "assistance"I am very much into psyche/trance-
          music/art/philosophy.

          Somewhat related,I remember around the time right before Pop Tatari
          that Yoshikawa left:The Boredoms were talking about how eccentric he
          was.That he came from a rich family but had a complex about it,he
          used to disappear for days and add trash like broken glass to his
          clothing.And that he would take everyone out to dinner,but have to
          ask for cab fare home,and would eat leftovers from other people's
          plates.

          Of course,if you've read enough Boredom's interviews you know they
          could also be pulling your leg.................
          Message 4 of 4 , May 20, 2002
            i've got a 1970s radio interview with cap. beefheart wherein he
            disclaims any intentional ingestion of recreational drugs, but more
            recent anecdotes about the group seem to suggest this was a common
            hobby. i wonder if the claims to the contrary are just
            a...smokescreen...? after all, there is a boredoms song
            titled "cheeba", right? --- In theboredoms@y...,