bore on radio

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2002
      okay, i feel weird plugging myself, but...
      i host/dj a late-night college radio show where i play boredoms as
      well as japanese groups. feel free to tune in. if you happen to
      live in Austin, TX it's on 91.7 fm wed nite/thurs morn. from 3-5am
      central time. for the rest of you. you can listen with real audio
      on the web at www.kvrx.org at the same time. unfortunately, i don't
      play entirely all japanese groups;you'll hear a lot of "indie rock,
      jazz, and dance". Eventually i hope to become the station's resident
      japanese noise dj. tonite i will be playing: audiosports (featuring
      eye), tracks from shock city shockers vol.1, the gerogerogegege
      (every week), princess mauna and prince onago from the hanatarash/mom
      n' dad reissues, and maybe the b-side to the hanatarash 7" i have (a-
      side played last week). tune in, if you want.

      ryan
      "the GlOrIoUS FrONtIer"
    • shagymops
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2002
        Wow cool I live in Austin!! I will most certainly tune in!!
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2002
          okay, it's not for sure yet, but it looks like i will be doing an all-
          Japanese Noise Radio Show beginning around September. it took a
          little schmoozing, but it will probably be Austin's first (hopefully
          not only) Japanese Noise radio show. it looks like the time slot will
          be around late night on Monday Night/Tues Morning. Again, if you
          live in the Austin area i'm on 91.7 fm and for everyone else go to
          www.kvrx.org and listen there. so far possible playlists will
          include: Boredoms, Merzbow, Hijokaidan, Incapacitants, Aube, MSBR,
          Pain Jerk, Violent Onsen Geisha, Keiji Haino, Government Alpha, Otomo
          Yoshihide, Solmania, Masonna, Gerogerigegege, KK Null, Monde Bruits,
          Acid Mother's Temple, High Rise, Magical Power Mako, White Heaven,
          Fushitsusha, Angel'n Heavy Syrup, Hanadensha, OOIOO, Rovo, Ruins,
          Sakoto Fuji, Aunt Sally, Coa, Melt Banana, Polysics, Omoide Hatoba,
          AOA, Haco, Novo Tono, Deerhoof, Zeni Geva, Demisemiquaver,
          Hanatarash, Grind Orchestra, Audiosports, MC Hellshit& DJ Carhouse,
          and Dj Pica Pica Pica.
          If you have any suggestions for groups that aren't listed let me
          know. and try to tune in if you can, because i can show my ratings
          to record labels and they believe me when i say "americans do listen
          to Japanoise" and they say "okay we'll send you more promo records to
          play" see where this is going...
          in the mean time, my free form show is still broadcasting Mon Night
          from 1-3am central and this week i will be playing tracks
          from "Inspiration from E2-E4" featuring rovo, dub squad, and more! I
          promise to keep you guys updated when the all-Japanese Noise
          officially begins.
          peace
          Ryan