Re: [the boredoms] BOREDOMS TO TOUR ENGLAND IN SUMMER OF 2002

  • nimereht@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
      In a message dated 4/10/02 6:07:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > So
      > dont tell me about bands needing to promote themselves in Japan first
      > before they tour America

      uh...this is actually what has happened to guitar wolf...they are on a major
      label (just like boredoms) and they were supposed to play at the first las
      vegas shakedown...everything was all set for them to play when two or three
      weeks before the event their label FORBADE them from coming to america and
      playing! in a twisted way it makes sense...why tour in a country that your
      last two albums have not been released in???

      who knows what the boredoms situation is? they don't OWE us anything...if
      they want to come and play america thats great, but they are not doing it for
      YOU, they are doing it because they (presumebly) love to play live....i've
      seen them a number of times when they haven't even had anything to promote in
      this country... sometimes their albums arent even released domesticly in the
      same year as the japanese versions...

      chillchillchill...

    • shagymops
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
        Im not mad. I just love a good heated deabate!!! But they do owe me a
        live show!! :]