Re: [the boredoms] BOREDOMS TO TOUR ENGLAND IN SUMMER OF 2002

  • shagymops
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
      I still think its lame for them to tour England first and not
      America, I mean wtf. Playing 3 dates in America is not a tour! Going
      to England is! They have to come here to get to England, right?
      Consider yourself lucky Nimereht to have seen them so many times. I
      have lived in Florida and Texas for the past 12 years and have never
      had an opportunity to see them. Either its costs to much to travel to
      see
      them or they just are playing way to far away.
      When they played Lolapalooza back in 199? they did not tour on that
      part of Lolapalooza that came to Florida. In 1999 they only toured
      the west coast and certain northern cities of the US, the closest
      they came to Florida was
      Washinton D.C.! I know they have toured more than that but I have no
      knowledge of any other. I was never informed or aware. I tried to see
      them play ATP but considering I live on about $700 a month it was not
      possible.
      Now that I live in Austin, Texas I seen bands from Japan that can't
      possibly be as popular as Guitar Wolf or have anymore promo that they
      do, but
      they come to America (Austin, in this case) and play. During SXSW
      week all the
      Japanese bands were just playing one gig!! There is no promotion save
      the fact that there are two Japanese nights that people know about.
      So
      dont tell me about bands needing to promote themselves in Japan first
      before they tour America. These bands did it with just about zero
      promo, and they were not worried about some war, which is beyond
      our control anyway. I just want the Boredoms to tour America and stop
      being
      picky about politics. Just play for god's sake!!!! I have been
      patient for 12 years!!!!!! Dont get me wrong this wont make me
      stop
      being a huge fan, but I will BITCH about it!!!
    • nimereht@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
        In a message dated 4/10/02 6:07:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

        > So
        > dont tell me about bands needing to promote themselves in Japan first
        > before they tour America

        uh...this is actually what has happened to guitar wolf...they are on a major
        label (just like boredoms) and they were supposed to play at the first las
        vegas shakedown...everything was all set for them to play when two or three
        weeks before the event their label FORBADE them from coming to america and
        playing! in a twisted way it makes sense...why tour in a country that your
        last two albums have not been released in???

        who knows what the boredoms situation is? they don't OWE us anything...if
        they want to come and play america thats great, but they are not doing it for
        YOU, they are doing it because they (presumebly) love to play live....i've
        seen them a number of times when they haven't even had anything to promote in
        this country... sometimes their albums arent even released domesticly in the
        same year as the japanese versions...

        chillchillchill...

      • shagymops
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
          Im not mad. I just love a good heated deabate!!! But they do owe me a
          live show!! :]