Re: [the boredoms] BOREDOMS TO TOUR ENGLAND IN SUMMER OF 2002

  • ginjit2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
      Yes, that's right... We haven't had them here since '94 I believe!
      They only just left America! It's our turn for a little joy - and
      also, all those European Boredoms fans can come over without too much
      difficulty. I wasn't expecting to hear Boredoms tour info at the AMT
      gig, and was in the process of setting up my equipment to tape the
      show, so was only listening (before the word Boredoms was mentioned!)
      with half an ear, but the MC said they would be in London in June, in
      the Festival Hall complex. As soon as I see ticket info, I will be
      sure to pass it on to you.....^-^

      --- In theboredoms@y..., nimereht@a... wrote:
      > ???
      >
      > i've been a fan of the boredoms just as long as you have and i've
      seen them
      > like 7 times!!! once, twice in one day! quit yer bitchin,
      man....what part
      > of the us do you live in? you should have had umpteen chances to
      see them!

      > we are lucky to see a band like them come to the US as often as
      they
      > do...meanwhile japanese bands like guitar wolf are told by their
      record label
      > they can't play in america, cuz they have to promote their new
      album in
      > japan!
      >
      > be patient, they will come...

    • shagymops
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
        I still think its lame for them to tour England first and not
        America, I mean wtf. Playing 3 dates in America is not a tour! Going
        to England is! They have to come here to get to England, right?
        Consider yourself lucky Nimereht to have seen them so many times. I
        have lived in Florida and Texas for the past 12 years and have never
        had an opportunity to see them. Either its costs to much to travel to
        see
        them or they just are playing way to far away.
        When they played Lolapalooza back in 199? they did not tour on that
        part of Lolapalooza that came to Florida. In 1999 they only toured
        the west coast and certain northern cities of the US, the closest
        they came to Florida was
        Washinton D.C.! I know they have toured more than that but I have no
        knowledge of any other. I was never informed or aware. I tried to see
        them play ATP but considering I live on about $700 a month it was not
        possible.
        Now that I live in Austin, Texas I seen bands from Japan that can't
        possibly be as popular as Guitar Wolf or have anymore promo that they
        do, but
        they come to America (Austin, in this case) and play. During SXSW
        week all the
        Japanese bands were just playing one gig!! There is no promotion save
        the fact that there are two Japanese nights that people know about.
        So
        dont tell me about bands needing to promote themselves in Japan first
        before they tour America. These bands did it with just about zero
        promo, and they were not worried about some war, which is beyond
        our control anyway. I just want the Boredoms to tour America and stop
        being
        picky about politics. Just play for god's sake!!!! I have been
        patient for 12 years!!!!!! Dont get me wrong this wont make me
        stop
        being a huge fan, but I will BITCH about it!!!
      • nimereht@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
          In a message dated 4/10/02 6:07:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

          > So
          > dont tell me about bands needing to promote themselves in Japan first
          > before they tour America

          uh...this is actually what has happened to guitar wolf...they are on a major
          label (just like boredoms) and they were supposed to play at the first las
          vegas shakedown...everything was all set for them to play when two or three
          weeks before the event their label FORBADE them from coming to america and
          playing! in a twisted way it makes sense...why tour in a country that your
          last two albums have not been released in???

          who knows what the boredoms situation is? they don't OWE us anything...if
          they want to come and play america thats great, but they are not doing it for
          YOU, they are doing it because they (presumebly) love to play live....i've
          seen them a number of times when they haven't even had anything to promote in
          this country... sometimes their albums arent even released domesticly in the
          same year as the japanese versions...

          chillchillchill...

        • shagymops
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
            Im not mad. I just love a good heated deabate!!! But they do owe me a
            live show!! :]