Re: [the boredoms] BOREDOMS TO TOUR ENGLAND IN SUMMER OF 2002

  • nimereht@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9 11:05 AM
      ???

      i've been a fan of the boredoms just as long as you have and i've seen them
      like 7 times!!! once, twice in one day! quit yer bitchin, man....what part
      of the us do you live in? you should have had umpteen chances to see them!

      we are lucky to see a band like them come to the US as often as they
      do...meanwhile japanese bands like guitar wolf are told by their record label
      they can't play in america, cuz they have to promote their new album in
      japan!

      be patient, they will come...

    • ginjit2002
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10 8:49 AM
        Yes, that's right... We haven't had them here since '94 I believe!
        They only just left America! It's our turn for a little joy - and
        also, all those European Boredoms fans can come over without too much
        difficulty. I wasn't expecting to hear Boredoms tour info at the AMT
        gig, and was in the process of setting up my equipment to tape the
        show, so was only listening (before the word Boredoms was mentioned!)
        with half an ear, but the MC said they would be in London in June, in
        the Festival Hall complex. As soon as I see ticket info, I will be
        sure to pass it on to you.....^-^

        --- In theboredoms@y..., nimereht@a... wrote:
        > ???
        >
        > i've been a fan of the boredoms just as long as you have and i've
        seen them
        > like 7 times!!! once, twice in one day! quit yer bitchin,
        man....what part
        > of the us do you live in? you should have had umpteen chances to
        see them!

        > we are lucky to see a band like them come to the US as often as
        they
        > do...meanwhile japanese bands like guitar wolf are told by their
        record label
        > they can't play in america, cuz they have to promote their new
        album in
        > japan!
        >
        > be patient, they will come...

      • shagymops
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10 2:55 PM
          I still think its lame for them to tour England first and not
          America, I mean wtf. Playing 3 dates in America is not a tour! Going
          to England is! They have to come here to get to England, right?
          Consider yourself lucky Nimereht to have seen them so many times. I
          have lived in Florida and Texas for the past 12 years and have never
          had an opportunity to see them. Either its costs to much to travel to
          see
          them or they just are playing way to far away.
          When they played Lolapalooza back in 199? they did not tour on that
          part of Lolapalooza that came to Florida. In 1999 they only toured
          the west coast and certain northern cities of the US, the closest
          they came to Florida was
          Washinton D.C.! I know they have toured more than that but I have no
          knowledge of any other. I was never informed or aware. I tried to see
          them play ATP but considering I live on about $700 a month it was not
          possible.
          Now that I live in Austin, Texas I seen bands from Japan that can't
          possibly be as popular as Guitar Wolf or have anymore promo that they
          do, but
          they come to America (Austin, in this case) and play. During SXSW
          week all the
          Japanese bands were just playing one gig!! There is no promotion save
          the fact that there are two Japanese nights that people know about.
          So
          dont tell me about bands needing to promote themselves in Japan first
          before they tour America. These bands did it with just about zero
          promo, and they were not worried about some war, which is beyond
          our control anyway. I just want the Boredoms to tour America and stop
          being
          picky about politics. Just play for god's sake!!!! I have been
          patient for 12 years!!!!!! Dont get me wrong this wont make me
          stop
          being a huge fan, but I will BITCH about it!!!
        • nimereht@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10 4:34 PM
            In a message dated 4/10/02 6:07:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

            > So
            > dont tell me about bands needing to promote themselves in Japan first
            > before they tour America

            uh...this is actually what has happened to guitar wolf...they are on a major
            label (just like boredoms) and they were supposed to play at the first las
            vegas shakedown...everything was all set for them to play when two or three
            weeks before the event their label FORBADE them from coming to america and
            playing! in a twisted way it makes sense...why tour in a country that your
            last two albums have not been released in???

            who knows what the boredoms situation is? they don't OWE us anything...if
            they want to come and play america thats great, but they are not doing it for
            YOU, they are doing it because they (presumebly) love to play live....i've
            seen them a number of times when they haven't even had anything to promote in
            this country... sometimes their albums arent even released domesticly in the
            same year as the japanese versions...

            chillchillchill...

          • shagymops
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 10 9:14 PM
              Im not mad. I just love a good heated deabate!!! But they do owe me a
              live show!! :]