Re: New Release????

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2002
      the 4/99 tape was a audio. speaking for myself, i think everyone
      should consider recording concerts if they are able; it is the
      selling of this material (or duplication of commercial releases) that
      steals from musicians' pockets, which is wrong in every way. tape or
      cd-r trading is like free advertising for the bands, however...but
      that's beside the point.

      firstime i saw boredoms was apparently around when wow2 was out (they
      opened for nirvana). really acrobatic show, but musically it didn't
      catch fire. their lollapalooza set (here, at least) was good and
      quirky (i have the earlier show on tape here, can't find the lolla
      tape now, though). but with super ae and the tour in the usa in '99
      it became evident that boredoms are a force to be reckoned with. I
      WOULD LOVE TO FIND HIGH-QUALITY BOREDOMS LIVE AUDIOS!!!!any format.

      i was under the impression a commercial video was available in japan
      in conjunction with super ae. there's also a store here in michigan--
      i think it's the record collector, in plymouth--that had some bore
      video (live).
      if i can dig up my audios, would be happy to trade, but i'm moving
      again (and guiltily owe another club member some trade material
      already, you know who you are, i'm sorry). so send a message if
      interested.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2002
        i don't wanna sound like a hippy or anything, but i think the
        boredoms are for everyone! i was once a naive punk kid, who was
        afraid to try something new, but all it really took was one dedicated
        listen. i don't think the boredoms are a tough sell. i've only seen
        them once(at atp) and everyone who was around me (except for my
        friend) had no idea who the boredoms were. they were all there to see
        sleater keanney and aphex twin. but many of them (including girls)
        loved it. and if they were somewhat confused, i looked at them and
        said "you just saw the boredoms. they are not underground, but
        superground. now you should buy their all their albums. thank you".
        which brings me to my next point: everyone should encourage everyone
        at boredoms (or anyother japanese band) to have a great time and let
        loose. i couldn't give two shits whether they're boys or girls and
        anyway i know plenty of female boredoms fans (not as many as guys, i
        know), but fuck it; my future wife or whatever will be a bigger bore
        fan, than me and will have "hanatarash" tatooed on her ass!
        -ryan