Re: New Release????

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2002
      > the tape of the show is only interrupted by my "fuck,yes!" screams
      > after the first 30minute (or so) jam.

      What tape?Is this audio or video?It's really frustrating to me that I
      can't find any video from their shows of the last few years.There's
      that clip of them from Fuji around'99,wish it was full length.I did
      have one video,but the sound was so poor I gave it away.Any of you
      traders out there have prime Bore vids from the new era?I would be
      willing to pay,as I have nothing to trade(save an old Aube vid and
      Melt Banana,which all the traders already have I'm sure).

      Anyway,even though I'm one of those bumps on a log who just stand
      there the whole time,I agree with you.I think part of the problem is
      70%of the audience who just show up for the show without knowing who
      the band is.So throughout the whole thing they're trying to figure
      out what the hell it is they're seeing.I do remember the last time I
      saw them,before the show there were these punkers hanging
      outside.Fairly nice chaps but they didn't know who Bore were and I
      said"it's an acquired taste"they put on a great show(love those drums
      just pounding into my chest during Super Going).But as I exited the
      club to hear some kids saying"Man was that intense?"who do I find but
      the little punk kid,sitting a block away.Yeah.I love those people
      that walk out of Bore shows,"screw this man".No offense but I'm also
      surprised to see girls at these shows.I mean I saw my first Ruins
      show and I'm thinking,why are there so many girls here?Not that girls
      can't have good taste,but you know it takes a little effort to find
      such refreshing and challenging music like this.Most girls I run into
      wouldn't pursue new sounds to this end.They're happy with
      singersongwrites and whatever MTV or local radio tells them is cool.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2002
        the 4/99 tape was a audio. speaking for myself, i think everyone
        should consider recording concerts if they are able; it is the
        selling of this material (or duplication of commercial releases) that
        steals from musicians' pockets, which is wrong in every way. tape or
        cd-r trading is like free advertising for the bands, however...but
        that's beside the point.

        firstime i saw boredoms was apparently around when wow2 was out (they
        opened for nirvana). really acrobatic show, but musically it didn't
        catch fire. their lollapalooza set (here, at least) was good and
        quirky (i have the earlier show on tape here, can't find the lolla
        tape now, though). but with super ae and the tour in the usa in '99
        it became evident that boredoms are a force to be reckoned with. I
        WOULD LOVE TO FIND HIGH-QUALITY BOREDOMS LIVE AUDIOS!!!!any format.

        i was under the impression a commercial video was available in japan
        in conjunction with super ae. there's also a store here in michigan--
        i think it's the record collector, in plymouth--that had some bore
        video (live).
        if i can dig up my audios, would be happy to trade, but i'm moving
        again (and guiltily owe another club member some trade material
        already, you know who you are, i'm sorry). so send a message if
        interested.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2002
          i don't wanna sound like a hippy or anything, but i think the
          boredoms are for everyone! i was once a naive punk kid, who was
          afraid to try something new, but all it really took was one dedicated
          listen. i don't think the boredoms are a tough sell. i've only seen
          them once(at atp) and everyone who was around me (except for my
          friend) had no idea who the boredoms were. they were all there to see
          sleater keanney and aphex twin. but many of them (including girls)
          loved it. and if they were somewhat confused, i looked at them and
          said "you just saw the boredoms. they are not underground, but
          superground. now you should buy their all their albums. thank you".
          which brings me to my next point: everyone should encourage everyone
          at boredoms (or anyother japanese band) to have a great time and let
          loose. i couldn't give two shits whether they're boys or girls and
          anyway i know plenty of female boredoms fans (not as many as guys, i
          know), but fuck it; my future wife or whatever will be a bigger bore
          fan, than me and will have "hanatarash" tatooed on her ass!
          -ryan