New Release????

  • exfedex2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
      1- I spoke with Eye at ATP for a good half an hour with some other
      friends about all kinds of things. One subject was that of the
      performance they had JUST finished in the next room being released as
      a CD. He said it was already recorded and will be out in the summer.

      2- This will be a release under the pseudonym Voooordoms not The
      Boredoms.

      3- Since it took Birdman two years to release VCN, I think I want to
      believe Eye. Of course if you want to wait for a domestic release of
      this Vooooordoms disc, then yes there probably won't be anything new
      very soon.

      The Email address on Super AR will definitely settle this I think.
      ;-)
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
        we'd all look forward to a forthcoming release, of course, which
        heightens the interest in more information. hopefully there will be
        more info soon--there is nothing to suggest it could be on another
        label, even (esp. if a pseudonymous release is likely)--and the label
        did make clear that their contact is limited to the group mgr. in the
        absence of an official website or other open promotional vehicle,
        there is fortunately info such as yours to follow up with in trying
        to determine current activity and the anticipation of more excitement.
        i'll never forget the 1999 concert, the third time i saw boredoms.
        our jaws were slack for well over an hour, total delirious disbelief.
        the tape of the show is only interrupted by my "fuck,yes!" screams
        after the first 30minute (or so) jam. it was the kind of effect i'd
        imagine a group like mc5 had on their audiences, but obviously a
        whole different dimension of sonic delirium.
        by the way, why no 'official' video releases in usa? surely a
        criminal oversight. this group is amazingly visual. five broken
        guitar strings and all kinds of chaose, eye diving headfirst into the
        floor, etc. during that '99 show. anyone who hasn't seen them should
        be heavily prepared for a psychotomimetic trip if they tour the usa.
        thanks for your response...let's stay tuned....--- In
        theboredoms@y..., exfedex2000 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > 1- I spoke with Eye at ATP for a good half an hour with some other
        > friends about all kinds of things. One subject was that of the
        > performance they had JUST finished in the next room being released
        as
        > a CD. He said it was already recorded and will be out in the
        summer.

        > 2- This will be a release under the pseudonym Voooordoms not The
        > Boredoms.
        >
        > 3- Since it took Birdman two years to release VCN, I think I want
        > believe Eye. Of course if you want to wait for a domestic release
        of
        > this Vooooordoms disc, then yes there probably won't be anything
        new
        > very soon.
        >
        > The Email address on Super AR will definitely settle this I think.
        > ;-)
      • souljacker68
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2002
          Hi,
          I sent an E-Mail to an address I have (I'm not sure if it's the same
          as the one Super AE but I think it is) and the response said that the
          Vooredoms album will be out in Japan (only) at the end of the summer.
          For those of you interested there is also a new live Rovo release out
          at the end of the month (in the USA as well I think) on Tzadik.
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2002
            > the tape of the show is only interrupted by my "fuck,yes!" screams
            > after the first 30minute (or so) jam.

            What tape?Is this audio or video?It's really frustrating to me that I
            can't find any video from their shows of the last few years.There's
            that clip of them from Fuji around'99,wish it was full length.I did
            have one video,but the sound was so poor I gave it away.Any of you
            traders out there have prime Bore vids from the new era?I would be
            willing to pay,as I have nothing to trade(save an old Aube vid and
            Melt Banana,which all the traders already have I'm sure).

            Anyway,even though I'm one of those bumps on a log who just stand
            there the whole time,I agree with you.I think part of the problem is
            70%of the audience who just show up for the show without knowing who
            the band is.So throughout the whole thing they're trying to figure
            out what the hell it is they're seeing.I do remember the last time I
            saw them,before the show there were these punkers hanging
            outside.Fairly nice chaps but they didn't know who Bore were and I
            said"it's an acquired taste"they put on a great show(love those drums
            just pounding into my chest during Super Going).But as I exited the
            club to hear some kids saying"Man was that intense?"who do I find but
            the little punk kid,sitting a block away.Yeah.I love those people
            that walk out of Bore shows,"screw this man".No offense but I'm also
            surprised to see girls at these shows.I mean I saw my first Ruins
            show and I'm thinking,why are there so many girls here?Not that girls
            can't have good taste,but you know it takes a little effort to find
            such refreshing and challenging music like this.Most girls I run into
            wouldn't pursue new sounds to this end.They're happy with
            singersongwrites and whatever MTV or local radio tells them is cool.
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6, 2002
              the 4/99 tape was a audio. speaking for myself, i think everyone
              should consider recording concerts if they are able; it is the
              selling of this material (or duplication of commercial releases) that
              steals from musicians' pockets, which is wrong in every way. tape or
              cd-r trading is like free advertising for the bands, however...but
              that's beside the point.

              firstime i saw boredoms was apparently around when wow2 was out (they
              opened for nirvana). really acrobatic show, but musically it didn't
              catch fire. their lollapalooza set (here, at least) was good and
              quirky (i have the earlier show on tape here, can't find the lolla
              tape now, though). but with super ae and the tour in the usa in '99
              it became evident that boredoms are a force to be reckoned with. I
              WOULD LOVE TO FIND HIGH-QUALITY BOREDOMS LIVE AUDIOS!!!!any format.

              i was under the impression a commercial video was available in japan
              in conjunction with super ae. there's also a store here in michigan--
              i think it's the record collector, in plymouth--that had some bore
              video (live).
              if i can dig up my audios, would be happy to trade, but i'm moving
              again (and guiltily owe another club member some trade material
              already, you know who you are, i'm sorry). so send a message if
              interested.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 7, 2002
                i don't wanna sound like a hippy or anything, but i think the
                boredoms are for everyone! i was once a naive punk kid, who was
                afraid to try something new, but all it really took was one dedicated
                listen. i don't think the boredoms are a tough sell. i've only seen
                them once(at atp) and everyone who was around me (except for my
                friend) had no idea who the boredoms were. they were all there to see
                sleater keanney and aphex twin. but many of them (including girls)
                loved it. and if they were somewhat confused, i looked at them and
                said "you just saw the boredoms. they are not underground, but
                superground. now you should buy their all their albums. thank you".
                which brings me to my next point: everyone should encourage everyone
                at boredoms (or anyother japanese band) to have a great time and let
                loose. i couldn't give two shits whether they're boys or girls and
                anyway i know plenty of female boredoms fans (not as many as guys, i
                know), but fuck it; my future wife or whatever will be a bigger bore
                fan, than me and will have "hanatarash" tatooed on her ass!
                -ryan