Re: new boredoms stuff?????????????

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 16, 2009
      Oh--not sure where you got it, but retailers can be idiots. I had an
      LP once that looked like a hot wire had been dropped on it, returned
      it (retail shop) and the mgr. made me open another sealed copy to
      prove my assertion, which was indeed true. The second copy he saw
      opened in front of him had the same damage.--- In
      theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, alterego100usa <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > No, I didn't get one, but I wonder if the quality of mastering over
      > the years has generally declined, or if it's just the source of
      that
      > record. I imagine production costs are still low--it used to be 40
      > cents US to manufacture each LP record, but I haven't checked on
      > pricing in a long time. No surprise if that cost tripled or
      > quadrupled since then, but you might contact the manufacturing
      plant
      > or record company. Sometimes, relevant info on the mastering is
      > etched into the runoff groove that could be used for reference.
      > Otherwise, telling others like this is a very good idea.--- In
      > theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, scott davis <sjofarthotellet@> wrote:
      > >
      > > hey did anyone get the voaltz/relerer remix 12"?
      > > i've had 2 copies now and the quality of the vinyl is total shit.
      > > the first copy i had, the needle just skimmed across, and now i
      > just bought a new one and it skips all over the place. not ok.
      > > boredoms are my favorite, but this sucks.
      > > ????? same story anyone?
      > > anyone have it on mp3 so i can enjoy it?
      > > i have stuff to trade
      > >

      > > --- On Mon, 2/9/09, alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      wrote:

      > > > From: alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      > > > Subject: [the boredoms] Re: new boredoms stuff?????????????
      > > > To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
      > > > Date: Monday, February 9, 2009, 11:39 AM
      > > > Sixty pounds! How can anyone attempt to justify that
      > > > ridiculous
      > > > overpricing? I recall trying to get Cornelius and Boredoms
      > > > import CDs
      > > > in the US ten years ago, and they were $50 US even then,
      > > > just crazy.
      > > > (Of course, bootleg retail prices are just as bad). At that
      > > > time I
      > > > saw the band live for $15 (US), which sort of shows the
      > > > dichotomy of
      > > > why many think the music industry rips people off. --- In
      > > > theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast"

      > > > happens. HMV japan
      > > > has
      > > > pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      > > > 12" of something +
      > > > plunged straight
      > > > into
      > > > all the
      > > > comments

      > > > that's 'hard to
      > > > come
      > > > long as you're
      > > > that the
      > > > group
      > > > years? They've
      > > > so they could
      > > > fingers 777 times
      > > > and
      > > > thinking of ageing
      > > > doing the
      > > > same
      > > > fan-base...

    • wingsoftoast
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009
        I've got a rhythm & sound singles box set (and they really push vinyl
        over cds) and virtually every disc can only be played if I put a huge
        ball of blu-tac above the stylus