Re: new boredoms stuff?????????????

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 9, 2009
      Sixty pounds! How can anyone attempt to justify that ridiculous
      overpricing? I recall trying to get Cornelius and Boredoms import CDs
      in the US ten years ago, and they were $50 US even then, just crazy.
      (Of course, bootleg retail prices are just as bad). At that time I
      saw the band live for $15 (US), which sort of shows the dichotomy of
      why many think the music industry rips people off. --- In
      theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast" <wingsoftoast@...> wrote:

      > wow, you go away for a few months and look what happens. HMV japan
      has
      > got the boadrum cd/dvd priced at about 60 uk pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      > (funnily priced 7777 yen - ha ha) there's also a 12" of something +
      > super roots 10. I must say, a year ago I'd have plunged straight
      into
      > my magical debt card to get this stuff, but looking at all the
      comments
      > I'm not so sure if i'm bothered.
      >
      > I know there's an attraction in collecting stuff that's 'hard to
      come
      > by' (even if the internet makes it dead easy, as long as you're
      > prepared to pay the money),but really - can anyone say that the
      group
      > has done anything really different in the last nine years? They've
      > become something of a leftfield institution recently, so they could
      > pretty much release the sound of Eye clicking his fingers 777 times
      and
      > someone would run out and buy it. I can't help thinking of ageing
      > hippies such as Hawkwind, eternally touring, eternally doing the
      same
      > thing in front of a fervently loyal, unquestioning fan-base...

    • scott davis
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2009
        hey did anyone get the voaltz/relerer remix 12"?
        i've had 2 copies now and the quality of the vinyl is total shit.
        the first copy i had, the needle just skimmed across, and now i just bought a new one and it skips all over the place. not ok.
        boredoms are my favorite, but this sucks.
        ????? same story anyone?
        anyone have it on mp3 so i can enjoy it?
        i have stuff to trade

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 16, 2009
          No, I didn't get one, but I wonder if the quality of mastering over
          the years has generally declined, or if it's just the source of that
          record. I imagine production costs are still low--it used to be 40
          cents US to manufacture each LP record, but I haven't checked on
          pricing in a long time. No surprise if that cost tripled or
          quadrupled since then, but you might contact the manufacturing plant
          or record company. Sometimes, relevant info on the mastering is
          etched into the runoff groove that could be used for reference.
          Otherwise, telling others like this is a very good idea.--- In

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 16, 2009
            Oh--not sure where you got it, but retailers can be idiots. I had an
            LP once that looked like a hot wire had been dropped on it, returned
            it (retail shop) and the mgr. made me open another sealed copy to
            prove my assertion, which was indeed true. The second copy he saw
            opened in front of him had the same damage.--- In
            theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, alterego100usa <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > No, I didn't get one, but I wonder if the quality of mastering over
            > the years has generally declined, or if it's just the source of
            that
            > record. I imagine production costs are still low--it used to be 40
            > cents US to manufacture each LP record, but I haven't checked on
            > pricing in a long time. No surprise if that cost tripled or
            > quadrupled since then, but you might contact the manufacturing
            plant
            > or record company. Sometimes, relevant info on the mastering is
            > etched into the runoff groove that could be used for reference.
            > Otherwise, telling others like this is a very good idea.--- In
            > theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, scott davis <sjofarthotellet@> wrote:
            > >
            > > hey did anyone get the voaltz/relerer remix 12"?
            > > i've had 2 copies now and the quality of the vinyl is total shit.
            > > the first copy i had, the needle just skimmed across, and now i
            > just bought a new one and it skips all over the place. not ok.
            > > boredoms are my favorite, but this sucks.
            > > ????? same story anyone?
            > > anyone have it on mp3 so i can enjoy it?
            > > i have stuff to trade
            > >

            > > --- On Mon, 2/9/09, alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            wrote:

            > > > From: alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            > > > Subject: [the boredoms] Re: new boredoms stuff?????????????
            > > > To: theboredoms@yahoogroups.com
            > > > Date: Monday, February 9, 2009, 11:39 AM
            > > > Sixty pounds! How can anyone attempt to justify that
            > > > ridiculous
            > > > overpricing? I recall trying to get Cornelius and Boredoms
            > > > import CDs
            > > > in the US ten years ago, and they were $50 US even then,
            > > > just crazy.
            > > > (Of course, bootleg retail prices are just as bad). At that
            > > > time I
            > > > saw the band live for $15 (US), which sort of shows the
            > > > dichotomy of
            > > > why many think the music industry rips people off. --- In
            > > > theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "wingsoftoast"

            > > > happens. HMV japan
            > > > has
            > > > pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            > > > 12" of something +
            > > > plunged straight
            > > > into
            > > > all the
            > > > comments

            > > > that's 'hard to
            > > > come
            > > > long as you're
            > > > that the
            > > > group
            > > > years? They've
            > > > so they could
            > > > fingers 777 times
            > > > and
            > > > thinking of ageing
            > > > doing the
            > > > same
            > > > fan-base...

          • wingsoftoast
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 18, 2009
              I've got a rhythm & sound singles box set (and they really push vinyl
              over cds) and virtually every disc can only be played if I put a huge
              ball of blu-tac above the stylus