super roots 10

  • radiationsmiles
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009
      so whats it like?
    • Keith Rankin
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009
        Pretty disappointing in my opinion. The Boredoms track is great, if a little tossed off, and the remixes that comprise the rest of the album kind of suck... They really need to release another full length studio album

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009
          I agree. NO BIG DEAL! I don't get it. You see them LIVE and it's
          beautiful and there's always a metamorphosis from show to show of some
          kind. Then they get into a studio and do this rave stuff. It's like
          they're two bands! They never take what they've perfected on the road
          into the studio environment.

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Keith Rankin <keithkawaii@...> wrote:

          > Pretty disappointing in my opinion. The Boredoms track is great, if
          a little tossed off, and the remixes that comprise the rest of the
          album kind of suck... They really need to release another full length
          studio album

        • jeffwinterberg
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2009
            To be fair, what makes Boredoms so great is the fact that they have
            confounded everyone for decades. I personally like Super Roots 10. I
            also don't care if I see one thing live and get another on record.

            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, exfedex2000 <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > I agree. NO BIG DEAL! I don't get it. You see them LIVE and it's
            > beautiful and there's always a metamorphosis from show to show of some
            > kind. Then they get into a studio and do this rave stuff. It's like
            > they're two bands! They never take what they've perfected on the road
            > into the studio environment.
            >
            > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Keith Rankin <keithkawaii@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Pretty disappointing in my opinion. The Boredoms track is great, if
            > a little tossed off, and the remixes that comprise the rest of the
            > album kind of suck... They really need to release another full length
            > studio album

          • hortonstrip
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
              --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, radiationsmiles <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > so whats it like?

              ignore these fools, it's incredible, of course. One of the remixes is a bit like a horrible ethno jig, and the much touted Lindstrom mix doesn't get good until about two thirds of the way through when it goes all 70's disco vocoder-funk, but the Boriginal version is excellent, as are the Altz remixes - one of which has rocked the dancefloor both at fuckest uppest electronic / freak / kraut discos AND in Discos full of "cosmic" disco kids AND pretty straight ahead people, yet the thing still retains an essential Primal B.O.R.E in a "just keeps gettngi more and more exciting" fashion.

              just buy the thing. I read a really brilliant Boredoms review the other day that called 'Seadrum' "tossed off" too. What planet are THEY from?

              horton x
            • alterego100usa
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
                Yes, there are some who seem to think Boredoms should follow a genre or something, which is pretty shortsighted. When I saw them on the Nirvana tour ages ago, they were doing WOW2-type material (which I still don't like as much as, say, Chocolate Synthesizer) and sloppy acrobatics, and did not hold onto the audience interest, but on the Lolla tour, they rocked. Trumpet-playing drummer? Brilliant.And they've changed so much since then.--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "hortonstrip" <hortonjupiter@...> wrote:

                > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, radiationsmiles <no_reply@> wrote:
                > >
                > > so whats it like?
                > >

                > ignore these fools, it's incredible, of course. One of the remixes is a bit like a horrible ethno jig, and the much touted Lindstrom mix doesn't get good until about two thirds of the way through when it goes all 70's disco vocoder-funk, but the Boriginal version is excellent, as are the Altz remixes - one of which has rocked the dancefloor both at fuckest uppest electronic / freak / kraut discos AND in Discos full of "cosmic" disco kids AND pretty straight ahead people, yet the thing still retains an essential Primal B.O.R.E in a "just keeps gettngi more and more exciting" fashion.
                >
                > just buy the thing. I read a really brilliant Boredoms review the other day that called 'Seadrum' "tossed off" too. What planet are THEY from?
                >
                > horton x

              • scott davis
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2009
                  kind of bummed they're doing the boredrum thing this year in a festival. i mean i like alot of those bands, but that kind of environment is tiring. stuck there. no thanks.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
                    Agreed. Festivals are traditionally tiring, poorly-organized, uncomfortable, and often badly equipped. It can be difficult to get around, let alone actually see the performers well, and you never get to see every band, and usually only a fraction of them. There are also usually medical emergencies, especially if it's 100 degrees outside with no shade (like one Lolla I attended, it was a total mess, surprised no lawsuits came out of that waste of time).The mega-festivals are the worst offenders. In theory, outdoor music shows can be great, and often are, under the proper circumstances and with good organization. But paying a huge amount of money to get sunstroke and dehydration and to have the right to get ripped off for $10 bottles of water is best left to the sheep out there, who are apparently suckers for any con that comes their way. They can be stupid all they want, it won't add any cachet to their lives.--- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, scott davis <sjofarthotellet@...> wrote: