Re: 77 Boa Drum 2cd + dvd + book

  • exfedex2000
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2008
      Got my copy from CDJapan a few weeks back. The audio is MEGA! The
      earth shook while I had it on in the car earlier this week.

      The DVD is a RIP-OFF! Very disappointing. With all the cameras they
      had at that event they should have very easily been able to put
      together the entire 100 minutes on video. The cool part about the
      video is that I actually found myself in it! 25 minutes of footage
      just isn't enough though.

      Where's the DVD of that documentary?

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, ripleyjames@... wrote:

      > From Aquarius Records in San Francisco:
      >
      > album cover
      >
      > []
      > BOREDOMS
      > []
      > 77 Boa Drum
      > []
      > (Commons)
      > []
      > 2cd + dvd + Book
      > []
      > 125.00
      > []
      >

      > It's finally here! An audio / video document of the amazing 77 Boa
      > Drum performance that took place in Brooklyn on July 7th, 2007.
      > Originally filmed for a full length theatrical and dvd
      > release, those plans were scrapped for some reason, so this right
      > here is the only documentof that fantastic and now legendary
      > performance. Available only as a very pricey import, 77 Boa Drum
      > contains 2cds, a full recording of the performance split into two
      > halves, a dvd, featuring 20 minutes of video from the event, all
      > housed in a massive and gorgeously designed green and gold hardcover
      > book, packed with tons of photos, including a couple of our very own
      > Andee, who was one of the 77, diagrams of the drum layout, various
      > text and other imagery. It's really pretty fantastic, totally deluxe
      > and elaborate. And beyond object as art, listening to the recordings,
      > the sound is massive and powerful and beautiful, more than just a
      > spectacle, it was a sprawling chunk or rhythmic organic sound,
      > equally composed and improvised, the power of that many drummers,
      > each contributing his or her own style, combined with the Boredoms
      > three drummer attack, and Eye's homemade multi necked guitar and
      > spaced out electronics. If you missed it, you might want to think
      > about picking one of these up (cheaper than the plane ticket woulda
      > been, right?). And even if you were there, that almost makes this
      > even more essential, an amazing, over the top, keepsake of one of the
      > most amazing performances we've ever seen or been a part of, and the
      > very first Boa Drum.
      > Needless to say, this is crazy limited, and we only have a few of
      > these. When we run out, we'll hopefully be able to get more, but
      > there's certainly no guarantee. So if you really want one, act fast.

    • jeffwinterberg
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 14, 2008
        The documentary is still currently showing in Japan. I saw it in New
        York back in October where it played twice in one night, that was it.
        It was really good and the sound is from this recording. The film's
        creator, Jun Kawaguchi, is hoping to someday have a dvd release.
        I agree that the sound on this box set really does a great job at
        approximating how heavy it was to actually be there.

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 14, 2008
          I remember when the documentary was going to run in NYC. I just
          couldn't get down there to see it! I'm holding out for a DVD.

          Did anybody else notice that Super Roots 10 is listed on CD Japan with
          a release date at the end of January? Anybody know what it actually is?

          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "jeffwinterberg"

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 14, 2008
            i know it's not the super roots box set that's been speculated. there's supposed to be 4
            new tracks. i'll try to find the link that has this information.

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 14, 2008
              here's the link-
              http://natalie.mu/news/show/id/10865

              according to this article, yoshimi is also gonna release a solo album the same day called
              bor cosmik.

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 17, 2008
                I finally located an mp3 of that day from a participant, and a
                shorter version from another, but does anyone have recordings from
                this year's NYC event (or others from the tour)?--- In

              • scott davis
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 19, 2008
                  is the quality of the dvd comparable to live in sunflancisco? not really feeling that dvd, and i just dl'd the boadrum cd so...should i buy it? i mean i got the voaltz 12" but that's sort of essential and i listen to it. i don't want to get some bunk dvd that's a waste of money.(sunflancisco)
                  help?