Re: interview with EYE and Yoshimi at the AV club

  • joejanecek
    Message 1 of 11 , May 29, 2008
      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, alterego100usa <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > And I'm still wondering why Boredoms couldn't ahve played
      > Toronto, which is not all that far from here, and obviously a major
      > city.

      Ahh, good one. My guess is that it has to do with visa issues. The band has to pay someone
      in the US to process their work permits and visas, so they can earn money legally from the
      music they play in the US. Not certain about the Canadian rules, but there's probably some
      similarity.

      Point is, the extra cost of any visa or work permits required probably doesn't make a Toronto
      gig likely, unless they could do 3-4 or more Canadian shows, and being Canada, those would
      be quite far apart, probably. Plus, customs clearance of the gear into Canada, then back into
      the US, could add to the headaches.

      cheers,
      joe