Re: [the boredoms] LIVE At Sunflancisco

  • exfedex2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 2007
      The audio is really good as far as I can tell so far. I watched it on
      the PC because of the region coding mess. I won't be able to see it
      on the TV until I dupe a copy without the region code.

      It's one camera sort of above and behind Yoshimi. Really the perfect
      spot but too much in the way of blurred zoom ins and overall blur
      effect throughout. The entire opening with Eye and the glowing hand
      orbs is a complete wash. You can't see much at all and I'm guessing
      it was because he does it in the dark. The cam probably couldn't pick
      up on it very well.

      The CD is the REAL rip-off. Two new drum tracks totaling 19 minutes
      or so. This was obriously a DVD release with a bonus CD, not the
      other way around which is what I thought it was.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, Keith Rankin <keithkawaii@...> wrote:

      > How is the audio? Are there any parts where its on point as far as
      the footage?

      > exfedex2000 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Well, it's not the most professionally shot video you'll see
      but at

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 26, 2007
        How long does the DVD run? In the past, at least, it seemed as if the
        group was under-represented in music video and official concert video
        output, very odd for a group with such visual qualities. I haven't
        seen the video described here, but the "blurs" (though likely
        deliberate) also sound like partly a side-effect of certain digital
        video transcoding errors, where dark scenes or scenes that fade to
        black leave a weird artifact-type smear on the screen instead of just
        fading properly from light to dark. It's been years now, and I'm
        still waiting for this digital flaw to be corrected; if anyone can
        explain why it's never been corrected, can that be explained, too?
        It's especially evident in certain TV broadcasts. Transfers of old
        videotape show this flaw readily. VH-1 Classics ran some early MTV
        broadcasts awhile ago, but instead of using tape, or a propely-coded
        transfer from tape, they had these gritty-looking bad transcodings
        that looked like they were done by an amateur, with the same sort of
        digital flaws (weird fades, dropped frames, smearing, etc.). --- In

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 26, 2007
          The DVD runs for an hour. It's the entire piece they've been touring
          with.