LIVE At Sunflancisco

  • exfedex2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2007
      Well, it's not the most professionally shot video you'll see but at
      least it's something. The blur effect is absolutely annoying! I kept
      thinking; "Can't we just see this the way it was seen by the people
      that were there?" Psychedelic effect be damned! But as I said above,
      I'm grateful this even exists!
    • Keith Rankin

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 22, 2007
          The audio is really good as far as I can tell so far. I watched it on
          the PC because of the region coding mess. I won't be able to see it
          on the TV until I dupe a copy without the region code.

          It's one camera sort of above and behind Yoshimi. Really the perfect
          spot but too much in the way of blurred zoom ins and overall blur
          effect throughout. The entire opening with Eye and the glowing hand
          orbs is a complete wash. You can't see much at all and I'm guessing
          it was because he does it in the dark. The cam probably couldn't pick
          up on it very well.

          The CD is the REAL rip-off. Two new drum tracks totaling 19 minutes
          or so. This was obriously a DVD release with a bonus CD, not the
          other way around which is what I thought it was.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 26, 2007
            How long does the DVD run? In the past, at least, it seemed as if the
            group was under-represented in music video and official concert video
            output, very odd for a group with such visual qualities. I haven't
            seen the video described here, but the "blurs" (though likely
            deliberate) also sound like partly a side-effect of certain digital
            video transcoding errors, where dark scenes or scenes that fade to
            black leave a weird artifact-type smear on the screen instead of just
            fading properly from light to dark. It's been years now, and I'm
            still waiting for this digital flaw to be corrected; if anyone can
            explain why it's never been corrected, can that be explained, too?
            It's especially evident in certain TV broadcasts. Transfers of old
            videotape show this flaw readily. VH-1 Classics ran some early MTV
            broadcasts awhile ago, but instead of using tape, or a propely-coded
            transfer from tape, they had these gritty-looking bad transcodings
            that looked like they were done by an amateur, with the same sort of
            digital flaws (weird fades, dropped frames, smearing, etc.). --- In

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 26, 2007
              The DVD runs for an hour. It's the entire piece they've been touring
              with.