Re: new live boredoms release, this december!

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2007
      it appears that the dvd is region 2 according cdjapan.

      http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=RZCM-45758

      "CD+DVD set featuring The Boredoms' first ever live DVD plus Eye Yamataka's original
      breakbeat album. DVD includes footage of the band's 2005 American tour. *Unless
      otherwise
      indicated, DVDs are region-2 encoded (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and carry no
      subtitles."

      i also don't quite understand what Eye Yamataka's "breakbeat album" is.

      notice the album is a bit cheaper on cdjapan, but i've ordered from them and it takes a lot
      longer for them to ship for some reason.

      --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, fastyouth81 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > "live in sunflansisco"? i can't tell which part is intentional misspelling and which is just
      usual
      > japanese english misspelling
      > and it looks like a cd/dvd release too.
      >

      > http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2633806

    • exfedex2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 30, 2007
        Really? I don't know where you live but when I order from CDJapan my
        stuff is at my doorstep in 2 or 3 days tops! This one comes out on a
        Wednesday and I should have it by Friday or Saturday of that week.

        Figures they're coding it region 2. I don't know what it is with
        Japanese DVD's but they haven't figured out the difference between a
        music video released concurrently worldwide and a movie that might
        still be in theaters in another region. Which is why they started all
        that region coding business in the first place. Everybody else seems
        to have separated the two and music video is usually all region now.