Re: 77 Boadrum

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10, 2007
      This was amazing! Loved the re-introduction of the guitar to The
      Boredoms! What about all the people who didn't get in? I was nearly
      one of them.
    • Brian suzuki
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
        i was soooooooo close to getting in.... i was maybe
        less then 100ft from the gate when they offically
        stoped letting people in... :( i was sooo sad and mad
        and in a fit of rage really... planned it for a year
        and i didn't get in!!!??? WTF!!!

        so i went up onto the Brooklyn bridge with tons of
        unhappy campers and watched the show from above. which
        wasn't too bad... i could see most of the field with
        eYe & co in the middle with somewhat of a loose spiral
        of drummers. we could hear the drums pretty clearly
        but the cars and causal passerby's asking "what's
        going on?" all the time was more then annoying,
        reminding me that i didn't get in. (Grrrrr!!)

        was very dissapointed to see a lot of space in the
        park but was happy to see a few dancers in the crowd
        (one tie-dye guy rocked out and few girls by the tree
        and one in green by the fence... ) but i did get a
        white shirt afterwards (were there more?)... i was
        there... just not in the park... i loved it all and
        i'm glad they recorded it. i want the DVD now!

        --- John <bogmanfan@...> wrote:

        > This was amazing! Loved the re-introduction of the
        > guitar to The
        > Boredoms! What about all the people who didn't get
        > in? I was nearly
        > one of them.

      • petepete86
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
          --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "John" <bogmanfan@...> wrote:

          > This was amazing! Loved the re-introduction of the guitar to The
          > Boredoms! What about all the people who didn't get in? I was nearly
          > one of them.

          Yeah, I made it in among the last few. Well worth the wait. Does
          anyone know if they plan on releasing a recording of this?
        • exfedex2000
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
            Yes! CD/DVD is in the works! Over 46 hours of video was shot. LOTS
            to play with so the DVD should be pretty sweet.

            --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "petepete86" <petepete86@...> wrote:

            > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "John" <bogmanfan@> wrote:
            > >
            > > This was amazing! Loved the re-introduction of the guitar to The
            > > Boredoms! What about all the people who didn't get in? I was nearly
            > > one of them.
            > >
            > Yeah, I made it in among the last few. Well worth the wait. Does
            > anyone know if they plan on releasing a recording of this?

          • mark palmer
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2007
              Throughout my life, I have been to an unquantifiable amount of shows.
              77BOADRUM was, without question, the best one and probably will be for my
              lifetime. We got to the park at 11AM and I sat directly behind drummers 67
              and 68. I infinitely thank Vooredoms/eYe for everything they do.

              http://newlivehotmail.com
            • exfedex2000
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 12, 2007
                HILARIOUS! I was sitting right behind drummers 69 and 70! AND I
                concur. When it was finished I was telling my friends that no matter
                what show I see from here on out, it'll be nearly useless! NOTHING
                will come anywhere near the power and energy of that day.

                --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "mark palmer" <jebrinklog@...> wrote:

                > Throughout my life, I have been to an unquantifiable amount of shows.
                > 77BOADRUM was, without question, the best one and probably will be
                for my
                > lifetime. We got to the park at 11AM and I sat directly behind
                drummers 67
                > and 68. I infinitely thank Vooredoms/eYe for everything they do.

                > http://newlivehotmail.com

              • sjofarthotellet
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 12, 2007
                  i'm still wandering around feeling the void. how was it? it was more
                  than awesome, it was more than the best show ever. words cannot
                  describe it. i saw the rehearsal and started crying a little. it was
                  actually gonna work. then to be in it and be a part of that, i too
                  will remember the positive energy vibration from here on out. i
                  still am just amazed. i mean think of your best show ever before 77.
                  doesn't even come close.
                  i got to talk them at the end and at the after party and they seemed
                  to be feeling alot like i was. amazed. eye was amazed. yoshimi was
                  glowing. yo was amazed. senju was insanely happy. it was the best.
                  i can't wait till next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!