Re: Boredoms in NYC

  • joejanecek
    Message 1 of 7 , May 9, 2007
      actually, the band is looking for drummers, as well...

      from another list...

      >> hi guys -
      >>
      >> the boredoms - an incredible japanese group that sonic
      >> youth has been associated w/ for nearly 20 years are
      >> putting on a special show in brooklyn on july 7th.
      >>
      >> they are putting together an ensemble of 77 drummers
      >> (we toured japan last week w/ a 3 drummer version of
      >> this group and it was amazing) .
      >>
      >> anyways - they are looking for a few key drum leaders
      >> and then 70-soemthing additional drummers. I think this
      >> will be a lot of fun - I'd be there w/ you if I wasn't
      >> already booked out of town w/ sy .
      >>
      >> if you are at all interested please contact : Hisham
      >> via email -
      >>
      >> hbharoocha@...
      >>
      >> best wishes to everybody -
      >>
      >> steve shelley
    • trigger_goldberg
      Message 2 of 7 , May 9, 2007
        I wrote to Hisham excitedly, hoping to apply for the position. He
        didn't respond. Maybe he gets a lot of responses (Pitchfork did post
        and then remove his e-mail address), or maybe it was that I live in
        California and he didn't want to deal with anybody but locals...