Boredoms in NYC

  • sucorius
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8 10:09 AM
      Celebrating their 20th anniversary, the legendary Japanese avant-garde
      rock band the Boredoms will debut 77 DRUM on 07/07/07 on the lawn of
      the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park section of Brooklyn Bridge Park.
      The band will lead 77 drummers in a once-in-a-lifetime performance.
      Doors open at 3:00 p.m. Performance at 5:00. FREE!
    • John
      Message 2 of 7 , May 9 5:32 AM
        OH YEAH!!!! I'm in NY that week. Now, what's the story with admission
        I wonder? Tickets or first come, first served. I reckon that other
        'celeb' drummers will drive demand up, so I could be queueing for a
        while beforehand...

        --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, sucorius <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Celebrating their 20th anniversary, the legendary Japanese avant-garde
        > rock band the Boredoms will debut 77 DRUM on 07/07/07 on the lawn of
        > the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park section of Brooklyn Bridge Park.
        > The band will lead 77 drummers in a once-in-a-lifetime performance.
        > Doors open at 3:00 p.m. Performance at 5:00. FREE!

      • joejanecek
        Message 3 of 7 , May 9 8:46 AM
          actually, the band is looking for drummers, as well...

          from another list...

          >> hi guys -
          >>
          >> the boredoms - an incredible japanese group that sonic
          >> youth has been associated w/ for nearly 20 years are
          >> putting on a special show in brooklyn on july 7th.
          >>
          >> they are putting together an ensemble of 77 drummers
          >> (we toured japan last week w/ a 3 drummer version of
          >> this group and it was amazing) .
          >>
          >> anyways - they are looking for a few key drum leaders
          >> and then 70-soemthing additional drummers. I think this
          >> will be a lot of fun - I'd be there w/ you if I wasn't
          >> already booked out of town w/ sy .
          >>
          >> if you are at all interested please contact : Hisham
          >> via email -
          >>
          >> hbharoocha@...
          >>
          >> best wishes to everybody -
          >>
          >> steve shelley
        • trigger_goldberg
          Message 4 of 7 , May 9 9:25 AM
            I wrote to Hisham excitedly, hoping to apply for the position. He
            didn't respond. Maybe he gets a lot of responses (Pitchfork did post
            and then remove his e-mail address), or maybe it was that I live in
            California and he didn't want to deal with anybody but locals...