Re: [the boredoms] Re: Super Roots 9

  • Keith Rankin
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 26 7:48 AM
      I just submitted a positive review of Super Roots 9 to www.tinymixtapes.com

      Hopefully it should be up this week or next!

      alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: The Philip Glass Ensemble appearance on Saturday Night Live in '81
      or '82 (it's in cable reruns) was tasty and vigorous like that, and
      was from the appx. period the film was released. Watch that episode
      sometime, it's well worth it, if only for the music. Immediately
      post-'original cast', special guests on SNL during the period
      included the Philip Glass Ensemble, Capt. Beefheart and the Magic
      Band, William S. Burroughs, and (as I recall) Laurie Anderson--
      amazingly enough for network TV--while at the same time, the SNL
      writing and acting and directing sucked horribly, a terrible loss of
      creative balance.--- In
      theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "sjofarthotellet" <sjofarthotellet@...>

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7 4:12 PM
        The SR9 cover art looks reminiscent of the cover art on the Japanese
        version of Onanie Bomb. Very happy about it being released; it's at the
        level of a national holiday for me. Looking at the discography, though,
        I just realized that I don't have SR8.