Super Roots 9

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5, 2007
      Just listening for the first time. And the smile on my face is showing
      no sign of disappearing. Absolutely fantastic. Choral stuff reminds me
      of Philip Glass' score for Koyanisqaatsi.
    • sjofarthotellet
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2007
        just got it yesterday and i totally agree. even the drumming keeps
        getting better and better. once again, this is the sound of progression.
        so psyched. the choir takes it to that other level. heaven?

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 25, 2007
          The Philip Glass Ensemble appearance on Saturday Night Live in '81
          or '82 (it's in cable reruns) was tasty and vigorous like that, and
          was from the appx. period the film was released. Watch that episode
          sometime, it's well worth it, if only for the music. Immediately
          post-'original cast', special guests on SNL during the period
          included the Philip Glass Ensemble, Capt. Beefheart and the Magic
          Band, William S. Burroughs, and (as I recall) Laurie Anderson--
          amazingly enough for network TV--while at the same time, the SNL
          writing and acting and directing sucked horribly, a terrible loss of
          creative balance.--- In
          theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "sjofarthotellet" <sjofarthotellet@...>
          wrote:

          > just got it yesterday and i totally agree. even the drumming keeps
          > getting better and better. once again, this is the sound of
          progression.
          > so psyched. the choir takes it to that other level. heaven?
          >

          > --- In theboredoms@yahoogroups.com, "John" <bogmanfan@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Just listening for the first time. And the smile on my face is
          showing
          > > no sign of disappearing. Absolutely fantastic. Choral stuff
          reminds me
          > > of Philip Glass' score for Koyanisqaatsi.

        • Keith Rankin
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 26, 2007
            I just submitted a positive review of Super Roots 9 to www.tinymixtapes.com

            Hopefully it should be up this week or next!

            alterego100usa <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: The Philip Glass Ensemble appearance on Saturday Night Live in '81

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2008
              The SR9 cover art looks reminiscent of the cover art on the Japanese
              version of Onanie Bomb. Very happy about it being released; it's at the
              level of a national holiday for me. Looking at the discography, though,
              I just realized that I don't have SR8.